• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact vs Dreamline

Per the tips, I watched Ernest’s master class videos on the impact. Great videos, but boy the impact is quite complicated for me. I too am in the camp of buy it and shoot it. I don’t have a lot of time to tinker or hunt for leaks etc. I suppose I can always ship it out for repair...

Since I’m on the Dreamline waitlist I still have time to co sided the impact. I think like most have said: For $2K it sure sounds like it comes with more problems than it should. Then again, I’m not that hardcore of a hobbyist to tinker with my gun all day long. I’m still still in the workforce 😩. With little time I have free, I’d like to spend more on shooting than fixing.

$1000 diff. If you're not shooting over 100yds???

The guys that say they love to tinker are so lucky. They're going to get all they want of tinkering

I've had my impact for 15 months and its been tinkered repeatedly. Trying to get her in for a COMPLETE rebuild.

Its just money. There's nothing like an Impact and thats is the truth.

Just for the record i have had a IMPACT gen2 for nearing 2 years now have adjusted it for 34gr JSBs,880fps put maybe 7000 pellets through it and have had 0 failures to date.

This is typical of the four FX rifles I own, "0 failures to date"

My latest is a .30 Impact purchased in November of 2018. It now has close to 2,000 pellets through it and other than cleaning the barrel when new and again at 1.000 pellets; it has not had any other maintenance. And no leaks, nor do I expect any at any time soon. 

I picked up a 25 cal FX Impact X 700mm over thanks giving at AOA. Over 6500 rounds of 34gr JSB at 890fps avg and no issues. We blew thru 22 tins of 300 rounds JSB 34gr MK2 ordered from AGD in less than 2 months. And this is during cold weather outdoors! Come summer when it is nicer out, it is going to get a lot more expensive... need to load up on pellets.

Rifle is a laser too. My son(8 years old) and I have this challenge with the 2.5 inch spinner setup at 125 yards out: Most continuous shots without missing. My personal best is at 9 shots while my son is at 6. What a blast!

I picked up a 25 cal FX Impact X 700mm over thanks giving at AOA. Over 6500 rounds of 34gr JSB at 890fps avg and no issues. We blew thru 22 tins of 300 rounds JSB 34gr MK2 ordered from AGD in less than 2 months. And this is during cold weather outdoors! Come summer when it is nicer out, it is going to get a lot more expensive... need to load up on pellets.

Rifle is a laser too. My son(8 years old) and I have this challenge with the 2.5 inch spinner setup at 125 yards out: Most continuous shots without missing. My personal best is at 9 shots while my son is at 6. What a blast!

thats whats its all about..impressed a lot os shooting ..mind I ask whats your air source?

I have an Impact and a Marauder. The Marauder would do the job nicely at the ranges talked about here, 25 yards. To be honest, either dreamline or Impact is serious overkill. The Dreamline Lite is liter, has all the adjustments, and just as accurate at 25 yards and is a SIMPLE design so far as airguns go. Impact has it all, including extreme complexity.

Honestly, while I own an Impact, for a first, get the Dreamline. Then if you don't like it, you can buy another stock configuration and have a completely different gun for the cost of the kit. You can't lose.

Let us know what you pick

Absolutely. I am on the pre-order list for a Dreamline at UG.

Definitely tempted by the versatility and the power of the Impact. It's just interest see how some people have issues and some don't. I know that attention is drawn to problems. But the consensus seems to be that FX Impact (and maybe even FX rifles), in general, need more maintenance than others. Otherwise, why all the maintenance videos, etc, right?

I think FX is on the right track with the features and pricing with the Dreamline. It will get alot more people into FX guns. Truly a great time to be into airguns, indeed.