FX FX Impact vs BRK Ghost !!!

This are my two cents I noticed that everyone is only comparing the FX Impact vs the BRK Ghost but why don’t also compared vs the FX Crown or the new FX King as well? I was very impressed by the accuracy of this particular special edition Ernest Rowe tuned Crown with the GRS stock in .30 cal with the 500mm barrel designed to shot with pellets. In fact after seeing how well this airgun performed in this review with pellets at 50 and 100 yards, (my shooting range is less than 70 yards that’s why I don’t shot with slugs) I was ready to buy one because I want to have a .30 cal to added to my collection since my other four airguns are .22 and .25.

But a friend of mine who happens to be the only gunsmith here in our island of PR that was authorized in the past by the FX company based in Sweden (before Utah airguns became the only authorized distributor of the FX lineup in the states) to service them during their warranty period and very knowledgeable in everything related to the complete FX lineup, told me that the new King that is based in the Dynamic block platform was even much better because offered the best of both worlds the same tuning versatility of the Impact with the micro and macro h/s adjustability, comes with a larger plenum, his valve system was much more sophisticated and was more beautiful than the Ghost and the Impact as well because comes with the GRS stock. In fact he offered me to tuned for free if I decided to buy one, because he is also planning to buy one for himself with the 600mm barrel to let his other highly modified FX Impact MKIII tuned to shot with slugs for hunting only and the King to compete exclusively in our EBR local tournaments.

I already bought my all time favorite scope the Arkens SH-4 second gen FFP 4-16x50 (I have five) with the Arkens rings and a Hugget snipe standard .30 cal moderator that is still in the box and have four different bench rest to see which one fit better with the next airgun I want to buy but my choice will be only between a Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 like the one I owned in the past but in the smaller .22 cal or the new FX King. The BRK Ghost and the FX Impact that everyone is talking here both airguns are already discarded, because neither one have the features I am looking for in a .30 cal airgun.

Last edited:
The reason for comparing Impact to Ghost is that both are similar kind of bullpup guns in their apparent form.

Crown is a very nice but classical styled F class gun.

Hence I want to compare a bit similar animals.
I understand perfectly well your point, I hope that you can purchase the one that best suits your particular needs so you can get the most out of it and can enjoy it to the fullest. Good luck…👍.

Reactions: mubhaur
You can't go wrong with either rifle, IMO. If you're an avid tinkerer, then go with the Impact. If you like minimum tinkering, then go with the Ghost.

I went with the Ghost 22 HP because I know myself. Rifle shoots like a tac and love it!

If anything, aftermarket parts seem endless with the Impact which is nice. Ghost has a few but growing...

Reactions: Centercut
The Ghost rifle is accurate:
"BRK Team Shooter, Fady Kiwan has dominated the Benchrest Rimfire and Air Rifle World Championships held in Plzen, Czech Republic, winning two world titles and setting a record score with his BRK Ghost Air Rifle."

"BRK/Daystate shooter, Fady Kiwan from Lebanon has just shot his way to victory in the 50m Unlimited Air Rifle Class at the World WRABF Championships being held in the Czech Republic. Fadi’s .22cal BRK Ghost posted a score of 724.21 points to eclipse the field – a score so good that the rest of the Top 5 (scoring 714.19, 711.21, 711.19 and 711.12) simply didn’t have a ghost of a chance! What’s more, Fadi even set a NEW WORLD RECORD for the event!"

There have been some design changes in the newer Ghosts.
New firing valve
New powerwheel
New hammer spring tension

In the .177 the barrel in the HP model is a polygon with choke.

The powerwheel now does fine tuning - on the .177 its around 3fps pr. click giving around 60fps from minimum to maximum when regulator is set at 150bar

These are from Soren Drost who shoots the standard Ghost in .177. From a .177 its very impressive at those ranges (110y and 164y)

403600252_2194725720735237_3577958985964745502_n.jpg

355024445_198789533133183_56109196137638878_n.jpg

Last edited:
The valve system on the impact is unparalleled even in FX lineup, it is supremely adjustable to fine tune to just about any ammo. The impact can be tuned from sub 12 to 100+ FPE and fine tuned to be extremely accurate and consistent. All other FX and other manufacture models are designed to be simpler and for specific power range. The Ghost in its sweet spot power range should not need too much fine tuning but this goes back to old days of finding the ammo and speed for the gun as supposed to fine tuning an impact to shoot almost any ammo at almost any speed.

The impact does have some deficiencies but easily addressed with some after market upgrades thanks to how modular it is. However, the adjustments are also a detriment because it's easily messed up by the end users. Some people like to drive manual transmission cars and some like Uber.

Last edited:
Reactions: mubhaur
I sold my M3 (.25) and am looking at getting a Ghost (.25). I found that I needed to check/confirm zero on the M3 before going out. After zero was confirmed it was great for the day, the next outing it needed to be checked again. You often see this in Ted and Matt's videos, they start out with a zero check. This is the reason I grab my umarex gauntlet gen 1 when I need to take out a squirrel. I shimmed the regulator and installed a JSTAR tune kit, once the gun was sighted in and tuned it hasn’t changed. It can sit in the safe for 3 - 6 months and I will grab it to head shot a squirrel at 30 yards offhand, something I could not do with my M3 (unless I went and checked/confirmed zero first). So POI change was my biggest reason for switching.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Thats one of the reasons why the Ghosts its not my favorite neither…😉

Interesting that he shot the RDMs a hair over 1000 fps then complained about accuracy. I didn’t see any comments about actually tuning the gun for most accurate speed which it would have been had he dropped the speed 40 fps…
Slugs? It’s a pellet rifle….

The Ghost rifle is accurate:
"BRK Team Shooter, Fady Kiwan has dominated the Benchrest Rimfire and Air Rifle World Championships held in Plzen, Czech Republic, winning two world titles and setting a record score with his BRK Ghost Air Rifle."

"BRK/Daystate shooter, Fady Kiwan from Lebanon has just shot his way to victory in the 50m Unlimited Air Rifle Class at the World WRABF Championships being held in the Czech Republic. Fadi’s .22cal BRK Ghost posted a score of 724.21 points to eclipse the field – a score so good that the rest of the Top 5 (scoring 714.19, 711.21, 711.19 and 711.12) simply didn’t have a ghost of a chance! What’s more, Fadi even set a NEW WORLD RECORD for the event!"

There have been some design changes in the newer Ghosts.
New firing valve
New powerwheel
New hammer spring tension

In the .177 the barrel in the HP model is a polygon with choke.

The powerwheel now does fine tuning - on the .177 its around 3fps pr. click giving around 60fps from minimum to maximum when regulator is set at 150bar

These are from Soren Drost who shoots the standard Ghost in .177. From a .177 its very impressive at those ranges (110y and 164y)

View attachment 424469

View attachment 424468
Everything you say is true, but let’s not pretend Fady shot an off the shelf Ghost ok? 😉

You know to me arguing about which gun is better because of the way you can tune it is quite silly we all know the key to accuracy is the projectile and barrel if they like each other they will shoot well so it really doesn’t matter what voodoo you do in tuning if you have a barrel and projectile combination that dont like each other the gun will shoot poorly.

Interesting that he shot the RDMs a hair over 1000 fps then complained about accuracy. I didn’t see any comments about actually tuning the gun for most accurate speed which it would have been had he dropped the speed 40 fps…
Slugs? It’s a pellet rifle….
I would also like to know your opinion about the extremely poor shot counts per fill that this particular airgun have (barely 30 shots) specifically in the .30 caliber despite they come with a relative large 480cc carbon fiber bottle. This demonstrates the poor efficiency this airgun also have especially if we compare it with the Kalibrgun cricket 2 tactical .60 of the same caliber, which in addition to being more affordable and more accurate in this caliber also double the shots counts per fill (60 shots)….😉. And to make matters worse I have also read that practically does not group very well every time it’s used with a aftermarket moderator to minimize the bark, something that is considered very essential especially for the people like me who only usually use our airguns in our backyards. I already bought a extra pair of Arkens scopes with the rings and a extra Hugget snipe moderator in .30 cal because I have plans to buy another airgun in this caliber, however for the all the reasons stated above this rifle is completely discarded from my list.

IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8671.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: N2 Shooter
I would also like to know your opinion about the extremely poor shot counts per fill that this particular airgun have (barely 30 shots) specifically in the .30 caliber despite they come with a relative large 480cc carbon fiber bottle. This demonstrates the poor efficiency this airgun also have especially if we compare it with the Kalibrgun cricket 2 tactical .60 of the same caliber, which in addition to being more affordable and more accurate in this caliber also double the shots counts per fill (60 shots)….😉. And to make matters worse I have also read that practically does not group very well every time it’s used with a aftermarket moderator to minimize the bark, something that is considered very essential especially for the people like me who only usually use our airguns in our backyards. I already bought a extra pair of Arkens scopes with the rings and a extra Hugget snipe moderator in .30 cal because I have plans to buy another airgun in this caliber, however for the all the reasons stated above this rifle is completely discarded from my list.

View attachment 430017

View attachment 430018
Everyone has their reasons to like or dislike something its good to see you know where you are.

View attachment 430017

View attachment 430018
What shot count is poor? When you max out the gun the shot count decreases exponentially - for ALL guns. Shooting at the guns sweet spot say 950 to 960 fps with RDMs I’m pretty sure it would get over 55 to 60 shots. .22 HP version.

Same goes for .30 caliber version. Shooting 44s at 875 fps would get about 40 ish shots from a 480 bottle that compares pretty closely to the Cricket TAC with a 580 bottle getting 50 shots. 60? Maybe either at 840 fps or with a 700cc bottle…

The Ghost is about as efficient as most Airguns on the market today. When comparing we need to be careful about comparing apples to apples.

PS., I’ve personally shot at least 3 Cricket TAC in .30 and more than 3 Ghost is .30. Accuracy was equivalent in all of them. In my experience, one is not more accurate than the other. Under calm conditions both of them are capable of 5 shot MOA groups at 100 yards.

Last edited:
What shot count is poor? When you max out the gun the shot count decreases exponentially - for ALL guns. Shooting at the guns sweet spot say 950 to 960 fps with RDMs I’m pretty sure it would get over 55 to 60 shots.

Same goes for .30 caliber version. Shooting 44s at 875 would get about 40 ish shots from a 480 bottle that compares pretty closely to the Cricket TAC with a 580 bottle getting 50 shots.

The Ghost is about as efficient as most Airguns on the market today. When comparing we need to be careful about comparing apples to apples.
Agreed. The Ghost’s efficiency, when it’s tuned to produce the tightest velocity spreads is as good as any other PCPs having similar air capacities, if not the same. Many PCPs, including the Ghost, can output tons of shots (i.e., when the hammer tension is not balanced with the plenum pressure), but the shooter would have to accept wider velocity spreads as a result of the limitations of regulators, especially with regard to temperature swings and their effects on plenum pressures.

My Ghost Carbine, having only a small 300cc bottle, produces over 410 shots shooting 14.3 grains at an average of 598 FPS (11.5 FPE for backyard shooting) with a maximum spread of around 45 FPS. And that’s with non-premium Crosman pellets. How did I achieve that? By accepting a very slight amount of valve lock. I also changed the factory spring for a shorter one, which was only a $0.75 effort courtesy of my local Ace Hardware and a 5-minute job. I posted about it here: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/ghost-makes-compressor-happy.1305065/

Last edited:
I’d like to add further — the reason why the Ghost seems to produce less-than-expected shots is its valve. Even at high pressures it isn’t difficult at all to achieve high velocities. On account of this, the Ghost seems to leave the factory in a non-optimized setting between the hammer spring tension and regulator set point, the result of which is the discharge of excess air. (But that’s because owners have different shooting needs/preferences and it’s up to them to tune their Ghosts to meet them.) BRK should include different springs to allow FAC-version owners to tune their Ghosts. At any rate, you can realize the ease of cracking open the valve just by letting the gun’s freefloating hammer fall on it via gravity by tilting it up then down—when the hammer falls on the valve you’d get an audible dull, hollow noise emanating from the barrel, which is indicative of air being emitted. It’s why I needed to swap the OEM spring for a shorter one; the factory spring still allowed excess air to be discharged—even at the lowest level on the power wheel—and thus could not provide the efficiency at the speeds at which I wanted the gun to shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macros and qball
I’d like to add further — the reason why the Ghost seems to produce less-than-expected shots is its valve. Even at high pressures it isn’t difficult at all to achieve high velocities. On account of this, the Ghost seems to leave the factory in a non-optimized setting between the hammer spring tension and regulator set point, the result of which is the discharge of excess air. (But that’s because owners have different shooting needs/preferences and it’s up to them to tune their Ghosts to meet them.) BRK should include different springs to allow FAC-version owners to tune their Ghosts. At any rate, you can realize the ease of cracking open the valve just by letting the gun’s freefloating hammer fall on it via gravity by tilting it up then down—when the hammer falls on the valve you’d get an audible dull, hollow noise emanating from the barrel, which is indicative of air being emitted. It’s why I needed to swap the OEM spring for a shorter one; the factory spring still expelled excess air and thus could not provide the efficiency at the speeds at which I wanted the gun to shoot.

Very interesting! So with mere gravity the hammer is heavy enough to crack open the valve? It sure sounds like you don't need a shorter spring but a much lighter hammer.

Very interesting! So with mere gravity the hammer is heavy enough to crack open the valve? It sure sounds like you don't need a shorter spring but a much lighter hammer.
True. A lighter hammer would be one way, but a shorter spring is the cheapest option that solves the problem, for me at least.😉

Last edited:
Reactions: qball