FX FX Impact vs BRK Ghost !!!

Any users having both the guns, Impact and Ghost, please share your comparison with regard to tunability, accuracy, efficiency, trigger, cocking, maintaining POI, magazines and any other things that may be important for the potential buyers who need to decide in favour of either one.

One thing that I see is that Ghost does not provide the fine tunability that Impact fine hammer offers. Further Ghosts's valve is not adjustable while Impact has externally adjustable valve.

Due to the above two additional adjustments, Impact appears to be adjustable in more precision.

While apparently Ghost only offers externally adjustable regulator as adjustable hammer is quite a norm.

Please share your thoughts with pros and cons.

Bhaur

Reactions: Ricochet
I think they are both tunable, the Impact is capable of more power than the Ghost, so if shooting heavy slugs, the Impact would be preferred. But then, FX already has the Panthera platform for that. I think the adjustable valve is more of a gimmick, since if it was such a benefit FX would have included it in their new Dynamic block platform (Panthera-Dynamic). But they didn't, so in the professional view of FX Engineers, it wasn't necessary or a major benefit. I like the solidity of the Ghost, the simplicity, the fit and finish, ease of maintenance, much fewer o-rings and the looks... For shooting pellets, the Ghost is the way to go IMHO...

Hmmm.

Look, the Panthera platform also has micro adjustment of hammer spring while Ghost doesn’t.

When I tune an Impact, the valve adjuster gives me much more refinement in efficiency, consistency and accuracy than the guns without exrernal valve adjustments.

All those guns which are specific to a certain caliber and certain power level, do not need the valve adjuster but when we opt for a platform where we can use various power levels and various calibers, valve adjustment is very helpful as I understand.

I feel it so important that I have improved my RAW HM1000X by installing an externally valve adjustment system as shown in following pic.
Screenshot_20240109_224931_Gallery.jpg

Look, the Panthera platform also has micro adjustment of hammer spring while Ghost doesn’t.
I do think we need to get away from the micro-macro adjustment "benefits". They both adjust exactly the same thing; one adjusts in smaller increments, but they do the same function. In my Impact or Panthera, I only use the "micro", since there is really no point in adjusting the power wheel to fine tune your gun...

Reactions: 7Green and dens228
I do think we need to get away from the micro-macro adjustment "benefits". They both adjust exactly the same thing; one adjusts in smaller increments, but they do the same function. In my Impact or Panthera, I only use the "micro", since there is really no point in adjusting the power wheel to fine tune your gun...
Agreed that finer adjustments are important for better tuning.

Reactions: qball
Exactly. I always smile when someone posts a tune on the internet with pressures, valve, and macro without stating the micro which is what counts. You can set the micro at 4 and have the macro at any number you want to have it there.

Reactions: Centercut
Exactly. I always smile when someone posts a tune on the internet with pressures, valve, and macro without stating the micro which is what counts. You can set the micro at 4 and have the macro at any number you want to have it there.
Agreed. The macro is just for larger increments and micro for slight increments.

Whenever we adjust macro, the micro is also automatically adjusted.

So the real measure is micro. The macro us just to get bigger leaps.

Valve adjuster is not just a bump stop, the tightening of valve adjuster in Impact M3 increases valve spring pressure on the valve.

Moreover by installing a harder valve spring, dewel time can be decreased. I understand these are all necessary things for precision tuning. However if extreme precision tuning is not required, an ordinary system is good enough.

I have both in .22. They are both incredibly accurate and easy to tune. The IMPACT is the ultimate in terms of "refined tuning" ability. My Ghost is a great pellet rifle but without a slug liner as offered by FX, I can't imagine successfully shooting slugs accurately. But then, I can hit a 1.5" spinner every time with the Ghost and a 25.4 gr pellet at 90 yards - so I am not certain that a squirrel would know the difference...

I have both in .22. They are both incredibly accurate and easy to tune. The IMPACT is the ultimate in terms of "refined tuning" ability. My Ghost is a great pellet rifle but without a slug liner as offered by FX, I can't imagine successfully shooting slugs accurately. But then, I can hit a 1.5" spinner every time with the Ghost and a 25.4 gr pellet at 90 yards - so I am not certain that a squirrel would know the difference...
It's not an issue at this stage if Ghost comes with pellet barrel or slug barrel. It may come later with both barrels or we can machine a slug barrel for Ghost.

I am discussing here the technical capabilities of extreme tuning of both the guns and comparison of other aspects as mentioned in original post.

Balanced valve has its own pros and cons as I understand.
My point was that if the valve (in the ghost) is more highly assisted, an adjustable spring is not needed. Hence it’s not something that should be deemed a “missing feature”. It would be akin to arguing that a car with an automatic transmission is inferior because it lacks a clutch pedal.

I own a Panthera Compact Hunter and also had the chance to shoot a BRK Ghost for a week.

I am not a technical user nor like to be playing with the tunning of my rifles.

During my experience with the Ghost I confirmed that the rifle is accurate, smooth at the shot and with a comfortable length.

I did not liked the safety of the Ghost, is not easy to operate,. The safety of the Panthera is much better.

.I did not like the long travel of the cocking on the Ghost. But for sure should have a purpose.

The number of pellets in the magazine is much better in the Panthera.

I did not notice if the first shot of the Ghost, after filling, hits in a different place as the Panthera does.

Both rifles have an evident quality.

The Ghost is the easiest rifle I know to be shot off hand.

I decided not to keep the Ghost.

At some point the rifles are all good and the advantages of one over the other are minimum.

Last edited:
My point was that if the valve (in the ghost) is more highly assisted, an adjustable spring is not needed. Hence it’s not something that should be deemed a “missing feature”. It would be akin to arguing that a car with an automatic transmission is inferior because it lacks a clutch pedal.
My point is this that when we have balanced valve, adjustable regulator and hammer adjustments, we cannot get as much combinations for the same fps as we can attain with adjustable valve, adjustable regulator and hammer spring adjustment.

Reactions: Raider03
My point is this that when we have balanced valve, adjustable regulator and hammer adjustments, we cannot get as much combinations for the same fps as we can attain with adjustable valve, adjustable regulator and hammer spring adjustment.
But you’re point is moot all you have to do is look at which gun shot a WORLD record to see what is most important—- accuracy!

• Haha
Reactions: Healthservices
My point is this that when we have balanced valve, adjustable regulator and hammer adjustments, we cannot get as much combinations for the same fps as we can attain with adjustable valve, adjustable regulator and hammer spring adjustments
Not to mention different probes, hammer weights, valve springs, rubber balls, transfer ports, tensioners, tuners and liners. Great if you want to play 5D chess and find that perfect combination. Or, if you’re not that guy, you can ignore all that adjustability and just use the macro wheel, advertised as the “Quick Tune System”, to quickly switch between different suboptimal tunes for different projectiles. Beautifully schizophrenic.

But you’re point is moot all you have to do is look at which gun shot a WORLD record to see what is most important—- accuracy!
I am quite optimistic that Ghost will give Impact a tough time in EBR and Rocky Mountains Event just like Red Panda has given.

I am interested in accuracy too. Accuracy is my main objective.

Let's see. Or if I could get my hands on a Ghost I might be able to compare the accuracy myself.

I have used Delta Wolf and my opinion about DW is that it has all the features of Impact through its programming. I like the DW.

But don't see that Ghost can provide similar adjustability as DW gives.

The valve of DW is very similar to that of Ghost. But DW allows to adjust the dwell of the valve and Ghost doesn’t offer it.

I agree that at the end of the day, accuracy matters. 👌