• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact velocity drop

So a friend handed my Impact back to me. I asked if it was cocked and he said no so I cocked it and fired it. Nothing came out as it was plugged with 2 NSA 28.5 grain slugs. Bent slightly the probe. Pulled the barrel and replaced the liner and installed the original probe good so far. Upon resuming shooting over the crono I was now getting about 200 fps less velocity 960 down to 760. Tried a few things, now at 805 and that's it. Any one experience similar situation?

Thanks!

Did you check the transfer port?
thumbnail_image.png

Thanks one and all. Replaced the transfer port O ring. Checked to see if a slug cleared the port when chambered and yes it clears. The transfer port has a galled spot at the O ring groove so will order another transfer port but its working now. Chrono read 990 with the NSA 28.5 slugs but still have to check my grouping as I had just added a barrel tension kit when this happened.
Again thanks for the help.