• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Valve seat

Finally did some mods on my early impact mk2. New hammer weight, delrin C3 bumper, and bigger 6.5 mm valve seat. (Already did the elongated port. Mine had the 5.5mm valve seat. Put everything back together. Left the barrel off and had a leak coming out of the valve housing. Cocked the gun and it stopped. Decocked and still didn’t leak. If I degas and put the bottle back on same thing. Stops leaking after cycling for the first time. Is it just gonna take time for the new valve seat to seat in good and mate with the seal on the valve stem. The valve stem doesn’t stick out flush of the valve housing since the new valve seat is thicker. Is this normal to leak for a bit or do I have a problem? Haven’t attempted to shoot yet

Sounds like your hammerspring is tight, and will open the valve slightly without backpressure from HPA when not cocked.

FX have a free floating hammer, but when the play is removed (a bit too much ;) ) from the slider at the power wheel, this could be it.

It is easy to verify, in this case it will only happen with the power wheel at "max" setting.

When the power wheel is at a lower setting, it shouldn't be necessary to cock the gun, because the hammer spring tension is relieved.

Nevertheless, it isn't a real issue, when the valve seals while pressurized, you are good to go :)