• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact type cocking-mechanism on the Vulcan?

First of all, excuse my chicken-scribble drawing and try to concentrate on the probability of getting this to work. I am not a fabricating person, nor do I have fabricating machines, so this is just something I wanted to throw out here for a look.

I only have one "major" complaint with the Vulcan so far: the cocking is a bit rigid and at times with certain pellet types I struggle and need to use some serious force. That's because the cocking lever does not have enough leverage which could make things much much smoother. On the other hand, the FX Impact has a very smart cocking mechanism that is a pleasure to use and very light, and reminds me of the Daystate's coking bolts on their electronic rifles that have only nominal spring resistance. When shooting the Daystate and the FX Impact I can maintain the sight-picture while I am cocking the rifle, but with the Vulcan it's almost impossible.

I think with a relatively small amount of work for someone who knows how to fabricate, an FX Impact style cocking lever could be adapted to the Vulcan. The Vulcan's cocking lever bolt is screwed into a sliding block that moves up and down the barrel just like in the Impact. Unscrewing the Vulcan bolt you can screw in an arm that reaches towards the rear where it connects with a linkage to a cocking lever that has a cocking arm/handle like the Impact. That cocking lever rotates inside a latch similar to a standard door-latch. And this latch is anchored in the same location where the existing two rear screws are, just need to extend those screws longer. The Impact's cocking arm is able to fold down inside the opening where the block slides and the Vulcan also has that same opening, and at least partially the cocking arm can also fold inside here. With a properly leveraged and designed Vulcan Impact-style cocking arm the two slots at the end of the "U" shaped bolt plate would not be needed because the cocking arm would hold secure on either the open or closed position. But they could be left there and still used if needed. 

The length of stroke (the cocking slide movement) in the Vulcan is around 35mm while in the Impact it's around 33mm. So, in theory the Impact's coking lever should work with the Vulcan.

Try to look beyond my 5 year old kid'-like drawing and let me know if you see this as a possibility...?

I'm certainly not wealthy by any means, but $115 doesn't seem too pricy for comfort and a potential accuracy increase as you have less potential to mess up a skirt using the amount of force it takes. Also, it's pretty trick... Would definitely seperates your rifle from the rest AND its much cheaper than a $500 piece of glass! :) 

shoot, I might have just talked myself into the rifle and the aftermarket lever! Lol

Hi again

re bolt to lever modification. On the original there are "keeper "slots front and rear which lock the bolt down for loading and firing. How does lever achieve that function ? New style side plate as well. Anyone tried one yet? Have e mailed Evgeny enquiring whether lever mod will be available also butt pad as on mk4 version.
Will let everyone know feedback.

safe shooting