FX IMPACT Tuning

I recently got the 600 mm X barrel upgrade for my Gen. 1 Impact .25. I did a "harmony tune" shooting groups and changing reg pressure yesterday while there was no wind. Some interesting results. I found two harmonic spots.

First I'll mention, I left the hammer spring and valve alone while setting reg. pressures. The HS is at 16.79 mm and the Valve is right on the 4th line from a previous tune.

The groups were best at 120 bar and at 145 bar with the groups at 145 beating the groups at 120 bar by only 0.03" average.

Velocity at 120 bar is 830 fps.

Velocity at 145 bar is 905 fps

Shooting JSB 34 gn MKII.

I want to do more testing at 120 bar because if group sizes are that close then I might just opt to shoot at 120 bar to save air. 830 fps is more than enough to take squirrels.

I also re-tested because I was getting one flyer with each group and was hoping to find a better setting to get rid of them. But I had no flyers this time....maybe the barrel is breaking in and flyers are diminishing?? Who knows.

Anyway...just throwing this out in case there's info that might be of some help.

KP

Reactions: tomhu0918
Well, I just spent some hours on DeadEyeDill recommendations that he said he achieved with his gun and setup. I have to tell you that there was no way that "The Impact X .25 700mm (STX as it is one of the brand new ones) will give the results DeadEyeDill mentioned. I went through all the settings from: using JSB 33.95gr

Reg Pressure: 105 to 140 bars. 

Hammer Spring Tension (HST) measurements from tightening the spring until there was no movement. and going backwards to loosen it and so forth. (repeatedly for different Regulator Pressure Settings) and also Valve opening adjustments. I had huge differences as I did these adjustments. 

I worked my way back to achieve my Harmony with these settings: HST ( 17mm - 1720mm), Regulator Pressure: 125-140 bars, Valve: between the 4th and 3rd mark. ( less than 4, and more than 3). Power: at MAX I would average 890 and at "4" I averaged 860. With these settings my Impact X was quite silent with the sound as Ted explained on his video. 

I know I wasted a lot of time and pellets, but I reassured myself that my settings were quite fine.

No offence to anyone, thanks.

Ahh nothing is really im possible lol 

I JUST REMEMBERED I LUBED MY PELLETS WITH WAX AND LARD MIX. SO THAT 830 OR SO IS RIGHT.

THE LUBE GOT CLOSE TO 30 FPS MORE THAN WITHOUT.

So yes impossible 

Well, I just spent some hours on DeadEyeDill recommendations that he said he achieved with his gun and setup. I have to tell you that there was no way that "The Impact X .25 700mm (STX as it is one of the brand new ones) will give the results DeadEyeDill mentioned. I went through all the settings from: using JSB 33.95gr

Hammer Spring Tension (HST) measurements from tightening the spring until there was no movement. and going backwards to loosen it and so forth. (repeatedly for different Regulator Pressure Settings) and also Valve opening adjustments. I had huge differences as I did these adjustments. 

I worked my way back to achieve my Harmony with these settings: HST ( 17mm - 1720mm), Regulator Pressure: 125-140 bars, Valve: between the 4th and 3rd mark. ( less than 4, and more than 3). Power: at MAX I would average 890 and at "4" I averaged 860. With these settings my Impact X was quite silent with the sound as Ted explained on his video. 

I know I wasted a lot of time and pellets, but I reassured myself that my settings were quite fine.

Ahh nothing is really im possible lol 

I JUST REMEMBERED I LUBED MY PELLETS WITH WAX AND LARD MIX. SO THAT 830 OR SO IS RIGHT.

THE LUBE GOT CLOSE TO 30 FPS MORE THAN WITHOUT.

So yes impossible

Have a good day.

Hey Guys,

I have tuned so many ways to increase my FX IMPACT. But I only get 750fps~810fps. I only saw one time the velocity reached to 840fps. And the velocity is not stable and consist. 5~15 fps deviation.

I don't know what's the reason the velocity could not go up to 860fps.

Does my regulator break? It still works while i turned the allen key. The back gauge will show the pressure up or down.

(I remove the bottle every time before turning the regulator) 

Below is my setting:

FX IMPACT X 700mm .25 

Pressure: 140bar~150bar

HST: 14mm~ Max

Valve Screw: Nearly Full Open

Pellet: JSB 33.95gr

1537376014_18193225435ba27f0ebac246.54716971_586274.jpg

Hey Guys,

I have tuned so many ways to increase my FX IMPACT. But I only get 750fps~810fps. I only saw one time the velocity reached to 840fps. And the velocity is not stable and consist. 5~15 fps deviation.

I don't know what's the reason the velocity could not go up to 860fps.

Does my regulator break? It still works while i turned the allen key. The back gauge will show the pressure up or down.

(I remove the bottle every time before turning the regulator) 

Below is my setting:

FX IMPACT X 700mm .25 

Pressure: 140bar~150bar

HST: 14mm~ Max

Valve Screw: Nearly Full Open

Pellet: JSB 33.95gr

1537376014_18193225435ba27f0ebac246.54716971_586274.jpg

Hmmm, might want to turn the hammer preload screw in so there's no.slop when the wheel is in HIGH.

Hopefully FX USA will be back up and running soon so you can give them a call

Just checking is there any chance you are using the smaller port on the barrel?