• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact trigger too light

Hi everyone. Looking for some help.

I've just built a MK2 Impact and put a M3 trigger on it. I have adjusted the trigger as per all the tutorials, I like a two stage unit, which is what I have, but the 2nd stage is far too light....as soon as you get to the 2nd stage it's fired. I would guess it's a few ounces...rather like a set trigger on a PB.
I've tried all the adjustments with no luck. The articles I've read about lightening tye trigger all mention reducing the length of the trigger spring....would this conversely mean a stronger spring might give me a heavier trigger?. All the parts I've used are FX factory ones.

Hi everyone. Looking for some help.

I've just built a MK2 Impact and put a M3 trigger on it. I have adjusted the trigger as per all the tutorials, I like a two stage unit, which is what I have, but the 2nd stage is far too light....as soon as you get to the 2nd stage it's fired. I would guess it's a few ounces...rather like a set trigger on a PB.
I've tried all the adjustments with no luck. The articles I've read about lightening tye trigger all mention reducing the length of the trigger spring....would this conversely mean a stronger spring might give me a heavier trigger?. All the parts I've used are FX factory ones.
The second stage is a detent ball in a set screw towards the rear of the trigger could take the side cover off and try turning the second stage in a tad more

Reactions: alpineboard