Tuning FX impact trigger improvement YouTube video

I would like to either lighten the 1 stage or get rid of it completely I hate 2 stage triggers there ok if the first stage is really light but otherwise I don't like them at all and try to adjust it out of my triggers the best I can and still have the safety working correctly . I haven't played with the impact trigger at all yet so I'm looking at all the info about it I can

Its actually pretty easy to do this. The impact yields itself best to this kind of a trigger tune. In reality it is a single stage trigger. 

I would suggest you open the window on the side and start cycling the action by holding the cocking handle. 

Once you have good understanding of how the trigger works, and the spring loaded ball detent simply creates feedback when it will break. Adjust the screws till the first stage is gone. 

at that point, you will find the weight of the pull can’t be adjusted to be any less than the spring weight of the ball detent. 

that’s where the above mentioned mods come into play. 

I would like to either lighten the 1 stage or get rid of it completely I hate 2 stage triggers there ok if the first stage is really light but otherwise I don't like them at all and try to adjust it out of my triggers the best I can and still have the safety working correctly . I haven't played with the impact trigger at all yet so I'm looking at all the info about it I can

You can reduce the first stage travel until its gone. But be aware, that rotates the trigger roll to the very edge of the sear, so you sacrifice most of the safety margin. It's probably not a good adjustment for field use.

You can reduce the first stage travel until its gone. But be aware, that rotates the trigger roll to the very edge of the sear, so you sacrifice most of the safety margin. It's probably not a good adjustment for field use.

You are very right for the safety concern.

A good polish, lighter trigger return spring and good adjustment of first state travel screw and ball detent plunger helps a lot in lightening the working of 1st stage.

For lightening the 2nd stage I like the concept of adjustable ball detent plunger of wich I have done the experiment. 

Bhaur

You can yes, but that that point you can farther adjust the ball dent to have more engagement.

I personally had mine adjusted with a very very short first stage. 

Polish the surfaces as it was explained earlier, lube the finished surfaces slightly with molibdenium (no need very much only to wet it little bit), Honda (service part) has the best grease 77% molibdenium.

From here You can try ordering from different sources different material plunger screws (this and that - steel or brass or wtvr), you will start feeling the difference when the small spring inside (the plunger screw) rubbing the walls. This sensitive it will the trigger second stage become. No sense to talk about this further you need to get to that standpoint that you able to swap the plungers.

M5x8 is if I can recall it seeing in the BOM. And also, yes, you can get adjustable spring tension for the M5

Maybe one day I shall take this screw apart and polish the hole, because when I squeeze the trigger in a "second stage" I can feel how this spring is rubbing against the walls.

plunger screw.1639722295.JPG