Fx impact transferport made in alu?

Hi. bought a new barrelkit for my MK1 impact, but the transfer port is made out af aluminium instead of brass, never seen this before.
"All the ones i have seen before have been a combo of alu and brass. The end that goes into the barrel is alu and transferport brass"

Anyone seen this "new" setup and know if you can still replace the outerpart with a Huma transferport ? It look like it is made in 1 piece, but hard to tell.

Hard to imagine, can you post a picture?
Barrel inlet with transfer port should be brass, the part in between barrel sleeve and TP should be stainless steel, not aluminum.
My bad, it is ofcourse made out of steel, no idea where i got the aluminium idea from. However, it still looks to be made in 1 piece.
If you look in the oring groove there is no visible signs that you can screw the transferport off.

20220814_212933.jpg

20220814_213301.jpg

Reactions: weatherby
Wow, I've seen many FX parts, but this is news to me🙂
It looks indeed like a stainless steel one piece design.
Thanks for posting this photo👍
If it is a one piece design, it means you can't place a Huma TP.
On the other hand, IMHO there is not much to gain by doing that, because this one is already a dual port.
Stainless is more durable as brass too, the notches seem to damage fast on the brass ones if they are slightly misaligned during placement.

I dont think a new transferport is really needed either. I just had the Huma dual port on my old ST barrel and it is larger, but my reg is the limiting factor anyway untill the high pressure reg arrives.
Anyway i wrote a mail to Huma Air where i bought the kit asking about it. I had to contact them anyway because the inside looks like a drillbit snapped during production and scratched it like crazy. Picture attached is after 30 mins of sanding, i stopped after the liner would fit without extreme force, but still pretty messed up. Must be that famous FX QC we all love =)

20220814_230523.jpg