FX Impact tensioned barrel question............/

I will add my input as well. I have owned 3 DW all .30 cal. Accuracy was just about 3" at 100 yards with both 44 grain and hybrids. I thought the hybrids shot the best.

I know have a M3 with power block . Started with 700mm .30 barrel and only shot hybrids at 970 fps. Accuracy was def much better than all 3 DWs.

I currently and running the M3 with power block, tungsten hammer, and 800mm .357 cal tensioned barrel. Ammo is fx hybrids only at 980fps. I am using Donny's biggest moderator (emperor).

I can't even describe how good this set up is. I have my barrel tensioned pretty tight, about 3/4 turn after contact. It is by far the most consistent and accurate air rifle in any caliper I have seen. It is always 1.5 inches at 100 yards with 18 shots. I only get 18 shots from 250 bar fill to 165 reg pressure.
It is same hole every time at 40 yards. I never have poi changes. But again the rifle never leaves my house.

Now, I think this barrel tension system in .357 cal is the best because there is no room for o-rings with the liner. The liner is almost the same diameter as the steel barrel. There is a wrapping (like a candy cane)of Plummer's tape down the liner so it makes full contact with the steel barrel. Since the steel barrel is tensioned and stiff, I believe the entire system is stiff and without error.

Again just my opinion , but this is the best I have seen. I went out to 150yards and 5 shot groups are still the same. They just group in whatever way the wind is blowing, weather that be left or right.

I have a 1/2 spinner at 52 yards in my yard. I shoot it one time everyday whenever I go to let my dog out. I don't think I have missed it in 2 months. Wind or no Wind.

Rather than all the after-market mods, why doesn't FX tension the barrel, the liner or whatever, in the manufacture of these $2K+ air rifles?

Frankly, I've about had it with barrel tuners, carbon fiber sleeves, superior liners, superior heavy liners , pin probes, power blocks, power kits etc., etc., etc...

I've been a loyal FX customer and defender (on this forum), but enough is enough!

Daystate makes a perfectly fine tactical-style bullpup that does not require all the after-market do-dads to make it shoot accurately, like it should right out of the box.

Al
FX will surely miss you.

Look the Impact is a MODULAR rifle and was meant to be so!!!! Get a rifle you can buy and shoot right out of the box. But stop pretending you were shocked to find that the Impact was a modular gun (designed to change calibers, shoot pellets and slugs, shoot 12ft/lb and over 140ft/lb, etc) isbc you are being disingenuous!! We all knew (or should know) what the Impact is.

Did you make a new brass transfer port piece threaded or you integrated into the adapter and single piece?
For .177 is easier, more room for the nut, but larger cal like a .25 would be hard to make a tensioning nut at the muzzle.
hi, not exactly like you writing. I dont see problem for larger cal. like .25 or .30
I will write soon how it's done & looks like, still waiting for beter weather ...everything will be after the shooting tests for 125m,150m and maybe more
So far only tested 50, 75,100m and for me its beautiful