• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Impact teliscoping shroud cleaning/repair/re-seal Video

"APerfectMiss"@sniperlabyo, is there a chance your website will be back up and running anytime soon? I know I can find all the videos on the tube but the site was so handy! I appreciate everything you have done for us in the airgun community. You put a lot of time and money into helping us out.
The site is up and running but under construction, I'm making it on my own the way I want it to look, when the formate is done I get someone to make it smart phone friendly.

http://sniperlabyo-precision-airguns.com/

1mm CS×23mm ID×24mm OD for O-Rings.

My Delrin ring is NOT split.

What type/brand of threadlock does FX use?

It does push out in from the muzzle easier. Threads not as sharp and do not damage/catch O-Rings as much. Still a poor design on a $2k gun along with no instructions on how shroud should be cleaned in manual like there should be.

The O-Rings I ordered worked fine!!

Machine some LDC baffles from Delrin for us Earnest? Simple Cones or anything that will disrupt air flow?

@sniperlabyo plz advise how to remove the inner shroud off the barrel and then remove the compensator as well. Need to take off the compensator on my .22 barrel to mark and test for pellet contact.

Have access to a hair dryer if that'll work to loosen the loctite you mentioned in the video. Also is the loctite on the barrel-compensator threads or the compensator-inner shroud threads?

Don't want to damage anything during removal hence best to ask before tackling it.

Many thanks

do this at your own risk, they will not give you a new one. I have removed the shroud on the .25 by owner request. and this is how I removed the shroud.

the barrel threads on to an air stripper and lock tight on, the air stripper is threaded on and lock tight on 2 the shroud. has to be on a wooden vice while its being heated, the air stripper has a large oring, with all the heat i had on it I didn't burn the oring, got to have a rubber strap wrench on the shroud while the barrel in on a large vice with wooden jaw. 

I use a propane torch.

good luck, try not to scratch it all up!

Thanks.

I managed to get it off like this before your reply:

cleaned oil/lube from the barrel and shroud, wore leather gloves for a better grip on barrel and the muzzle (& to avoid heat burn), removed o-ring, hair dryer blowing through the muzzle end until it all turned by hand and muzzle/air stripper came off the barrel. Didn't take long, appx 30 seconds max of the hair dryer at full speed.

Didn't remove the muzzle from the shroud, that I think may have a stronger loctite.