• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Sniper .22 - Recommended Pellets/Tune

Rank newbie here. Lifelong (firearms) shooter and handloader, but haven't shot an airgun since I was a kid. Have an FX Impact M3 Sniper in .22 inbound, with expected delivery in a few days.

I ordered several tins of JSB Redesigned Monster Pellets (25.39 gr) along with the rifle. Anyone have any tuning suggestions (for best accuracy) for those pellets with that rifle?

Any other .22 pellets or slugs, with tune configs, that anyone might recommend (again, with best accuracy in mind)?

TIA. Looking forward to this next adventure in the shooting arts!

You have a well proven combination to begin with. There have been reports of inconsistencies with the .22 25.39s from tin to tin or batch to batch. 970 FPS seems to be the best speed for them.
The most consistently small groups I have personally achieved were with the .22 superior heavy liner and the NSA 31.2gn slugs in .2165 at 1000 fps. You may need to install a heavier hammer to reach 1000 fps with slugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Regaj
From FX info: dont go higher than 160Bar on either regulator, and you want 20-30Bar differential from first to second. Id try some Nielson lower weight slugs assuming you have an STX Superior liner and not a heavy version. Other than slugs JSB and FX pellets would be my first choices. If you havent already, be sure to watch the FX Ernest Rowe videos on how to start with a general tune. Slug speeds usually are best in the ~900-1050fps range, and pellets dont usually like to be pushed too fast ~800-880fps.

Reactions: Stone02 and Regaj
Rank newbie here. Lifelong (firearms) shooter and handloader, but haven't shot an airgun since I was a kid. Have an FX Impact M3 Sniper in .22 inbound, with expected delivery in a few days.

I ordered several tins of JSB Redesigned Monster Pellets (25.39 gr) along with the rifle. Anyone have any tuning suggestions (for best accuracy) for those pellets with that rifle?

Any other .22 pellets or slugs, with tune configs, that anyone might recommend (again, with best accuracy in mind)?

TIA. Looking forward to this next adventure in the shooting arts!
Same rifle. For that pellet I had good luck with:
150/ 109/ 4/ 3.75/ 4 3/4
1st reg/ 2nd/ macro/ micro/ valve
For a velocity of 970 fps. Tried other velocities from 900 to 1020 but this was best. Couldn’t miss at 50 yards. + 3 on macro for slugs around the same weight.

555BAC3E-4131-46F5-815C-608921322F4E.jpeg

Same rifle. For that pellet I had good luck with:
150/ 109/ 4/ 3.75/ 4 3/4
1st reg/ 2nd/ macro/ micro/ valve
For a velocity of 970 fps. Tried other velocities from 900 to 1020 but this was best. Couldn’t miss at 50 yards. + 3 on macro for slugs around the same weight.

Thanks for this. I had to go pretty much full throttle in order to get to 970 fps (R1 = 150; R2 = 120; Macro = 16; Micro = 5; Valve = 5.5).

Groups at 50 yards were pretty awful throughout the lower 900's. They tightened up quite noticeably as I approached 970.

I still need to refine this. And stretch it out to 100 yards to see what kind of legs it has. But for the first time with this pellet I feel like I've got a good starting point.

Thanks again.

Reactions: talha.rao
I have a 700mm STX barrel kit recently installed in my FX Impact M3 .22 cal and I need to shoot (JSB 25.39) pellets for a field target Grand Prix. The FX originally came in .35 cal, so I need to adjust both 1st and 2nd regulators. Will the Tuning Recommendations above work for this barrel length? I'm new at this game too so I could use some guidance, thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited: