• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Fx impact slug speed

bobby

Apr 19, 2015
Wv
So I bought the fix impact 30 cal about a month and a half ago and it shoots great. I then bought a slug liner to do some long range hunting on my brothers farm. It seems that I can only get the nielsen 47.2 grain slugs to fire around 930fps and when shot at 100 yards I can’t get them to group any tighter than 2 inches. I have turned the reg and hammer up and still no luck to break over 950fps. The reg is set at 150 bar and the hammer is maxed out as far a I can safely go. Ps the barrel is a 700mm. Is there something simple that I’m missing or do I have to buy something like a dual transfer port to accomplish that speed

Reactions: bobby
Just my experience in the need for speed and tight groups:

Ernest Rowe and Huma have the larger transfer port. I purchased the Huma and it did give give higher

FPS , but the speed is not the problem with tight groups. I started playing with the torque on the barrel

tube and found as I tighten more the group’s followed. Was very careful not to go crazy on tightening you

can flex the barrel tube if to tight. I am shooting 50.15gr at 960 FPS reg at 130 bar hammer on line 4.

you might try going back to 120 bar on reg and start over I had to do that found others here did same.

Hope this helps
6F56F0F5-7F2A-4CE1-B2DA-B12C0FD611E2.1601945923.jpeg

Reactions: bobby
...I am having a difficult time trying to find the slug power kit in stock anywhere ....

With a 30 cal I assume you would need to find two springs only, one for the hammer (the older longer 57mm hammer spring C7) and one for the valve stop (C42 I picked up one close enough size in automotive supply store, btw 0.6x6.5x45), the pin probe can wait when all back in stock. The Huma dual port you would need.