• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Impact Slug Power KIT

Hi 

i have been been using the slug power kit in my impact 22 for about a month. Currently I’m running 150 bar on the reg. 600 mm slug A power plenum dual hammer . I get decent groups shooting the NSA and the javelins @980 FPS . But after installing the power kit the powerwheel has no effect. Same speed at all settings. I can slow thing down with the knob. But would like to be able to use the power wheel again. The first idea is that I have to much hammer tension. I will try to the remove the two hammer spacers In that came with the kit . Any other with some experience? 

I’m getting 960fps with my new Impact .22 PP 600mm, with the H&Ns 27 gr and Javelin 26 gr in .217s. 
Reg at 127 bar and HST screw turned back from max by three turns. The only mods were dual transfer port and the pin probe. 
I also started at 150bar but only got 20 FPS more than my current setting. Rifle is also much more accurate with the current reg pressure. Which weight slugs are you shooting?

This is my first Impact. Mostly shot pest birds before that with my Steyr LG110 in .22 and never thought about reg pressures, extreme spreads, poi shifts, because I didn’t have to. 
Now the Impact for me is a major step up in that I can now accurately shoot slugs out to 150m, albeit it after many days tuning the thing, and having to understand reg pressures, extreme spreads etc. It’s opened up a whole new chapter for me. Ringing steel at ridiculous distances is just so much fun. 

Don’t really care whether fixing design flaws got the Impact to this level. I know that for the money I spent, it delivers on the “promise” the youtubers have been making. I do miss pigeons at 120m though but so I missed them at 80m with my Steyr. Not the guns though. It’s when I don’t read the wind or distance correctly, or rush the shot. 

did any of you guys every realize your power plenum was a design flaw they turned into a up grade i really think its funny how many guys trip over thier own shoe laces to pay for fx poor design

Jimmy001

Which power plenum you referring to? The "FX powerplenum" or "a powerplenum"? I am curious to learn from you what was that about a design flaw...can you point out what is wrong?