Fx impact shroud

The one Ted has is basically european Wildcat shroud with end cap for the FX stackables. It's using the same air stripper used in European WC as well.

Matt's Impact is .22 hence a slightly different shroud that screws on the barrel just like the standard telescopic shroud.

As FX are now supplying .25 and .30 with the shroud, you maybe able to order these parts from AoA.

In .22, FX are still not supplying fixed shroud yet so Matt's is a one off for now.

Not sure, I can order them from AoA, cause i`m from Europe :)

Will write to Neilm maybe he can ship stuff to me :D

Thanks for info, will check local FX seller.

Rock, what do you mean by "simply clipping"? 

I do not rest extended shroud on anything.

i`m strugling with accuracy of my Impact. Sent back .30 cal barrel to seller - shroud was definitely bad, couldnt extend it easily and there was lead markings on exit hole.

Now i`m trying to find why gun shots so randomly (i can achieve 5 mm CTC groups on 50 meters, but shooting little more and POI is changing.)

Today I`ve checked out mag and found that spring was very tense, so loosened it a bit. Dont know if it helps, will check on range next weekend maybe.

Impact is great gun, but maybe im so reterded, that cant setup it properly, or i dont know what. Cant get groups i would expect to get with this gun.

For hunting it`s ok. But for HFT accuracy isnt good enough.

And worst thing is, that in my area there is literally no one, who knows FX guns, so cant go to profesionalist and ask to have my gun checked. Polish (i`m from Poland) FX seller is a joke - have sent them .30 barrel two weeks ago, and till today they did not even touch it, because service man is absent. He should go back tomorrow, so maybe will know little more.

My Cricket was way more simple to setup and use.

I can tell you what all to fix on the telescopic shroud but it'll void the warranty. Keep sending it back to the retailer to get it fixed/replaced.

And yes, factory set tighter mag spring can and do damage the skirt so wind the spring up one full turn only.

FX are not selling the fixed shroud on its own YET, I've asked and answered was No. Unless your retailer can pull a few strings and get one for you.

I'm using Wildcat shroud (Inc WC muzzle and barrel ring with grub screw for the shroud to screw on) with a moderator attached. Its a straight swap and works just fine.

I did a temporary DIY shroud on my .22 with an LDC that I had laying around. Used a 22mm OD/20mm ID carbon fiber from Ebay for about $15 and cut it down. The LDC is a reflex-type so the CF slides a few inches inside and sealed with an o-ring. Effectiveness is ok, about the same as with the shroud closed.

On left is the original FX shoud, middle is the Daystate Airstream, and on the right is the Roy Kasten LDC mounted on the Impact.

Interesting. Either this shroud is screw on type with built in air stripper/muzzle-end in the middle somewhere for barrel end to screw in to or you are going to be surprised to receive only a blank shroud/hollow pipe ..

Did AoA confirm that the shroud is a direct replacement for the telescopic shroud without any additional items required?