• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Shot Recovery Time

While doing some testing to resolve differences in velocity, I noticed full recharge to reg pressure was not instantaneous. I've found consistency improves if I wait 5 seconds, watching the gauge after a shot it creeps back to full reg pressure. I didn't notice this before I installed the FX Power Plenum. I installed all the supplied parts including the new spring.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this either without a PP or with?

I have a FX Crown gen. 3 version. 

With the original AMP regulator I experinced the same slow recovery. But it did not get back to same pressure with different fill pressures.

250 Bar it recovered to 125 Bar after 15 seconds.

With 170 Bar it recovered to only 115-120 Bar only even waiting 60 seconds.

I cleaned, resealed and re-assembled and did not get much improvement on this.

So I ordered a Huma Gen 3 regulator "Low pressure 60 - 135 Bar" and installed this. Now recovery time was extremely slow +30 sek. to be sure.

Much better consistancy but still some 5 bar lower @ 170 bar tank pressure. Enough for the poi to change much.

I then talked to Huma and they send me a set of disc springs for high pressure 110-165 Bar.

After exchanging the springs, - it is now very fast to recover and pressure is constant full and at lower tank pressures too.

I think it now recovers in between 1-3 seconds now.

You dont hear the hisssss of slow recovering and you have to act instantly after a shot if you want to lower the reg. pressure.

I just love the Huma a big improvement.

Claus

I found changing disk group will reduce time of refilling. For 100 to 130 bar instead of 2 disk in one group 4 disk in a group is better (two in one orientation and two vise versa).

Also using a little bit of silicon grease on regulator O-rings will help too.

The black teflon that shot the valve, I normally sand it with 5000 grit and use oil instead of water. I used to polish it before but not now.

It may depend on how hard you're pulling out of the plenum when you fire a shot also. I'm trying out the new Sekhmet digital gauges on my MKII PP Impact and at the shot the digital gauge drops about four bar but rebounds to the regulated pressure in 3 seconds and some of that is probably the refresh rate of the gauge. My regulator is set at 120bar and shooting 25cal slugs at the time. BTW I'm really digging these gauges. 

Jking