FX Impact scope picatinny base?

bigHUN

Jan 16, 2020
L4G7X4 Canada
So far I didn't care about this, my base rail is 0 MOA, because I was using the eaglevision adjustable height scope rings. I am using this MK2 for 100 BR.
I have a long range scope mounted (Falcon X50 X504LR), which I would like to make it travel there and back between this airgun and my new f-class built 308 project.
Why? because I cannot afford and also cannot justify a dedicated scope for that f-class I would be using for competition days only, and that is only a few days a year.
I don't know how to go around a possible issue unless I get somewhere a 20 MOA rail for the Impact and I must replace the rings for this scope anyway for recoil rated.
I don't see anywhere a Impact 20 MOA advertised?

CH,
On the 308 project gun I have the MDT 20 MOA base, if I can get a 20 or 30 MOA for the MK2, in that case I shall be able a direct swap with zero MOA on rings.

Edit: hypothetically,
if I zero the airgun @ 75 and zero 200 for 308, how far the machanical center of the scope would be? Unfortunately I could not get a pic base zero MOA for the PB, that would solve my issues....

This my guess only until try it.

Last edited:
I feel like I read a thread talking about how to source a 20 MOA rail for a MKII.

I did a search and found this one but I don't believe it is it. The one I'm thinking of more definitively showed that some MKIIs came with 20 MOA rail and how to order one.

On the other hand, someone does mention machining the bottom of the rail so that might be helpful to @bigHUN as I know he as access to machinists.

CH,
On the 308 project gun I have the MDT 20 MOA base, if I can get a 20 or 30 MOA for the MK2, in that case I shall be able a direct swap with zero MOA on rings.

Edit: hypothetically,
if I zero the airgun @ 75 and zero 200 for 308, how far the machanical center of the scope would be? Unfortunately I could not get a pic base zero MOA for the PB, that would solve my issues....

This my guess only until try it.

A guy I know had a scope he swapped back and forth and had a similar problem. It was between two powder burners but similar issue.

He initially got a 20 MOA riser and installed it backwards but the scope was too high.

I suggested he see if 20 MOA rail on the rifle could be installed backwards and then use a one piece scope mount with 20 MOA built in.

So now on the rifle with 20 MOA built in he would have net zero MOA with the scope/mount combo installed. Just like he did with the MOA riser.

On the rifle with the 0 MOA rail, he would get the 20 MOA from the one piece mount.

As I recall he went home that night and checked and said it would work but had not gotten around to it. I brought it up months later and he still hadn't gotten around to it.

So two questions for you.

1) Would a 1/2" riser with 20 MOA put the scope too high for you on the 308?

2) If so, can you mount the rail backwards?

Scouty
The Rem700 base mounting holes allow only one direction clamping. The problem is I could not locate any zero MOA pic base in my close neigborhood, this how I ended with 20 MOA pic base. Because whoever swaping that rail to 20 MOA in f-class that is a jump for distance 500-1000M.
If I could have both the MK2 and the 308 the same MOA base I would be fine.
I will call tomorrow AGS my "local" FX dealer if he could help me out for MK2.

Last edited:
Scouty
The Rem700 base mounting holes allow only one direction clamping. The problem is I could not locate any zero MOA pic base in my close neigborhood, this how I ended with 20 MOA pic base. Because whoever swaping that rail to 20 MOA in f-class that is a jump for distance 500-1000M.
If I could have both the MK2 and the 308 the same MOA base I would be fine.
I will call tomorrow AGS my "local" FX dealer if he could help me out for MK2.

I figured. Given the guy I mentioned never did this makes me suspect his initial observation that it would work was incorrect.

Hope you can source a 20 MOA rail for your MKII.

But what about the riser idea? Will that work or will it create a too tall scope height for the Remington?

I figured. ...But what about the riser idea? Will that work or will it create a too tall scope height for the Remington?
I was looking for a "riser" that is actually a zero MOA but could not get it, out of stock at my side.
Currently on the MK2 my scope is sitting pretty high, 7.8 cm (I just checked in Strelok). The eaglevision rings (which I would need to replace because of a recoil) 25 mm from bottom to edge or 40 mm from bottom to center.
Checked today again the MK2, I can lower the scope comfortably 10 mm without effecting the cheek-weld. Actually I don't like to touch with my cheek anyway.
So yes, on MK2 the scope is sitting high enough that the turret travel of max 50 MOA covers a distance from 50 to 200 meters without overloading the turret.
When I replace the rings to something stronger, I will zero the 308 let say @ 200 and move the scope to MK2 to see where that POI would be.
So the game is there and back couple times trying to keep the mechanical center closest possible.
This me speculating only, still need to be proven...

I didn't know earlier, now I am a bit disappointed for this impulse buy. I got the Rem 308 relatively inexpensive from one older fella, but modding for a Match level... it is a real pain in the bottom.
Back to the riser you mentioned. Earlier I was researching the MDT base pic rail, yes they building the risers, doesn't saying it in description but when scrolling down to specs there it say that has a 20 MOA as well. I never sent them an email to confirm, doing it now.

I didn't know earlier, now I am a bit disappointed for this impulse buy. I got the Rem 308 relatively inexpensive from one older fella, but modding for a Match level... it is a real pain in the bottom.
Back to the riser you mentioned. Earlier I was researching the MDT base pic rail, yes they building the risers, doesn't saying it in description but when scrolling down to specs there it say that has a 20 MOA as well. I never sent them an email to confirm, doing it now.

Hopefully that will work. But it's not what I meant by riser.

What I'm talking about is something that clamps onto the current picatinny rail of your 308. It will raise the height by 1/2" minimum and cancel out the 20 MOA of your current rail when installed backwards.

Far from an elegant solution but might be worth it given your goal of using one scope on both rifles.

Here in the States it's a cheap experiment. Not sure about Canada.

Here is a super cheap version. Not sure if it's rated for 308.