• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX impact scope height

Just curious on the impact owners out there, how high are your scopes to the centerline of the bores on your guns? I have mine mounted up and the current measurement is 2.9225" from centerline crosshairs to centerline bore, to me this seems extremely high and will be extremely hard to shoot something close at 10 yards, and will be tough to shoot 100 yards.

What yardages are you guys sighting guns in at??? What is your measurements on your guns from crosshairs to centerline bore??? Pic's of your set up would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks.

Mine is 2.625" center to center. It is a little tough to get my cheek squashed low enough, but worth it to keep the scope low. I plan on making a new cover with a divot for my cheek, that should give me another 1/8 inch and easier positioning. If you can't get your sight picture at that height, there is always the cheek bone surgery option. in my opinion, there is no reason for centers to be over 3 inches, unless you have a Neanderthal bone structure.

That is basically what I intend to do after I get the accuracy issue sorted. I will make a new rest out of some aluminum tubing and cut a hole in it where my cheek goes, then cover the gun action and my cheek with saran wrap and fill the hole with a molding agent and push my cheek against it to form a pocket in the cover. when it hardens I will remove it from the gun and trim it. This should make a nice repeatable pocket in a light weight cover that I can paint to match, while keeping the stock cover un modified in case I want to sell the gun later.

I also thought of printing my own low cheek piece on my 3 d printer. I like your idea of the molding agent though. Sounds like it would be very comfortable and repeatable hold. Please let us know how it comes out. I would try it myself if yours turns out nice. I also though of just cutting some velcro (loop side) and sticking it on the bare metal. The velcro should work okay, but the custom mold you talk about sounds even better and more comfortable.

Here is my new set up with a mount I made. Center to center is 2.677" but it is 1.25" farther forward than the standard mount will allow on the front ring. Cheek piece is curly maple that I built as well.
imagejpeg
imagejpeg