Fx impact regulator o ring seal

I can't find anything using the search option so here goes..
I have this very early impact mk1 and need to replace the o ring inside the regulator chamber.. Anyone know what size this is please?
Also, what's best way to actually fit this o ring? As it seems to be a tussle to get this to fit inside.. It really shouldn't have to be so awkward for any o ring replacement, but guess that's another issue
Any help much appreciated, thanks

IMG_20221108_001114_719.jpg

HogKiller's link shows the part as 4x1.5mm - 70 durometer o-ring. To get the old one out I used a slightly angled pick and stabbed the o-ring about 3/4 of the way through and then popped it up out of the o-ring groove and then grabbed it with a needle nose pliers and pulled it out. Be careful not to score the o-ring groove. When I installed the new one, I worked the o-ring in until I could press one section of the new o-ring in the groove, and I held it down while using a second angled pick to work the rest of the o-ring in little-by-little until it popped fully in the groove. Yup, it's a long way in there and not the most exciting thing to do, but with some patience and the right tools it's not as hard as one would think. Hope this helps.

It’s going to be either a 10 x 1.5 or a 9 x 1.5!! Duro 90 not 70. For the MK1 more than likely it’s the 9 x 1.5

The two 4 x 1.5’s are what go on the piston bottom base and inside the reg body that the piston slides in and out of!

It helps a lot to pre clean that tunnel with a q tip doused with acetone to get rid of old lubes. Then, with the port hole facing down, shoot some air in there to blow out any q-tip cling ons and misc debris.
Install the new o ring dry because if you pre lube it, it will keep sliding out of the groove as you’re trying to work it in.

Once in, I use a tiny piece of wood dowel(shish ka Bob skewer) to coat the o ring in place with silicone grease.

I use these to remove those tunnel o rings-

Last edited:
Reactions: PkShooter and 2D1C
Ok so the o ring I need to fit is indeed 9x1.5
No matter what, I just can't get the seal to sit inside the chamber
I can't help but think the surface has been damaged, which is why I can't get the o ring to fit
I get half the o ring to king of sit, but then can't get the rest to fit
Is there any solution if the surface really has been badly damaged?