• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

fx impact regulator inconsistant

I've had my .30 cal impact for about a month and I have no complaints. Everything is working great except today I shot about 100 rounds and noticed velocity would be around 800 for several shots, then up in the 815 range, up to 825 range, and back down to 800 (wheel set to four). Of course this effected my POI somewhat. I checked velocity when I first got it to see how many mags I could get through before speed dropped. I could get four mags on 5 power which seemed consistant with everything I have read and from what I remember, velocity seemed very consistant so I put the chrony away for a while. I've put about 700 shots through it so far. I have heard that you need to give the regulator time to "settle in". Is this true and shouldn't it be settled by now? It was very humid today. Would that have any effect? The only thing I have ever adjusted on the gun is the power wheel and probably will not ever touch the valve and definitely not the regulator. Ive tested my chrony with other guns and it is working fine. 

good call on the power wheel. I took it off and sure enough there is some wear on the metal where the pin contacts the wheel. 

I do remember that when I first got the gun and was tinkering around with it, that I accidentally rotated the wheel a couple of clicks while it was cocked so I am sure that contributed to it getting a little roughed up way before it was supposed to.

I decided to just use the other side of the wheel that still looks new. I have been keeping my setting on 4, but will now use "B"

When I get a chance to shoot through the crony, I'll give an update and see if that fixed my problem. Thanks for the tip.