• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Regulator air flow and O-rings

Hi Everyone, My FX Impact has been leaking from the atmospheric venting hole since the first day I got it. the leak is sometime not noticeable and some other times it goes crazy. However if I remove the air cylinder the regulator holds the air forever.
I did a drawing of the regulator inside the rifle, trying to understand the air flow path from the cylinder to the regulated chamber.

In the FX official part list, the diagram shows an o-ring (C-39) that does not exist in my impact. In this case or the FX chart is not correct or my rifle is defected.

So looking at the drawing I made. the air enters from the cylinder to the regulator on the level of the hole in the brass body

but what does prevent the air from exiting through the venting hole in case the C-39 o-ring is missing ??? 

Reactions: ajshoots
another impact reg same as yours, told a friend how to remove the reg by email, so I didn't get to see if the oring 39 is in the body bore where the reg body screw in. didn't take mine apart just to see---its working perfect.

up date:5:05 june 5

oring #39 is in the action body, just after the reg body threads ---> you can't see it but you can feel it with an oring pick, man that's going to take some time to re install that oring. and the delrin seat is another hard one to get out without damaging the sealing surface for oring # 35.

thats some fine CNC machine to cut all those detailed sealing surface and threads, looks dirty inside from wear and tear from the oring and delrin. so going to spend some time cleaning. 

if you have a reg leak or issue don't take it upon yourself in taking it apart, let the authorized repair tech fix it. 

Reactions: nervoustrig
Dear Ernest, 

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately our authorized dealer is not qualified at all, and we have no choice but doing the repair ourselves thanks to your effort and guidelines.
Now that you mentioned that the o-ring is there, I will try replacing it and hopefully I will succeed. I will keep you posted.

Once again, thank you so much for all your effort.