• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact reg help

Okay guys, I've rebuilt these regulators several time. (more times than I care to mention).

problem. piston broke in my 1st gen. instead of trying to get a new piston, I ordered a gen 1 Huma from Trenier. 

the head of the valve body is too thick. can't pull the trigger (and it leaked around the oring. 

so out of a panic and frustration, I resealed my original valve body, loaded the Huma piston w/ Belleville's. (probably won't interchange but it all fits good) 

everything went together well. no leaks all good. NO Pressure @ reg gauge.

any help would be appreciated.

BEFORE you ask "broken piston" I had a bad creep. while tempering my anger and trying to repair, I broke the piston. don't ask, I don't want to talk about it!!!

I’ve been through this same situation with my Impact X replacing the reg with a Huma. Make sure you got the correct regulator. Even though the reg you purchased was labeled as a Gen 1 doesn’t mean it was the correct one. Look at Huma’s website and make sure to measure the FX regulator depth and most of all the piston (diameter and length). Use Huma’s site to get the correct part number and hopefully you’ll be able to get the correct regulator. The no pressure from to your reg gauge is due to the Huma piston is most likely slightly longer (like 2mm) causing the piston to seal off the air chamber. Once I received the correct Huma regulator everything was back to normal. 

I’ve been through this same situation with my Impact X replacing the reg with a Huma. Make sure you got the correct regulator. Even though the reg you purchased was labeled as a Gen 1 doesn’t mean it was the correct one. Look at Huma’s website and make sure to measure the FX regulator depth and most of all the piston (diameter and length). Use Huma’s site to get the correct part number and hopefully you’ll be able to get the correct regulator. The no pressure from to your reg gauge is due to the Huma piston is most likely slightly longer (like 2mm) causing the piston to seal off the air chamber. Once I received the correct Huma regulator everything was back to normal.

+1

i received the wrong reg from huma as well, even though I’d ordered the correct part. I sent them a photo in the email and they shipped the correct part immediately.