• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact recall

"marcella69"Shaun at AOA said it was alright to keep shooting my Impact until the new set screw arrived. Can you believe that?! I was at the range yesterday throwing lead across the Chrony and had my face directly behind the butt to line up the shots. I could have easily had half my face ripped off! (I have a .30.)
That sounding a bit dramatic. If you don't slide down the butt pad, you should be alright even when it would spit out the probe. It would hit the butt pad, not your face.
When you are shooting an Impact, your hand is wrapped around a bottle which contains 250 bar of air pressure. Imagine that;)
"If" is always easy to say, but it doesn't mean it will happen.

"Motive410"Zebra,
I didn't miss your thread.....read it with great interest. Glad you weren't hurt badly. My Impact arrived weeks after yours...thought my silver colored probe screw had been corrected. Didn't put two and two together, just received the email about an unknown shipment from AOA.
Hope you and your Impact are doing well.
It wasn't my thread. It was nothing to do with me.