Tuning FX Impact Questions

Why does the Impact manual say that using regulator pressures below 100 bar will void the warranty? I'm past the warranty but was wondering if this can damage the regulator. I recently did a pp upgrade and with a 100+ bar reg setting I can't tune below +/- 915 fps with hammer spring adjustments from loose to tight and everything in between.. Other things I noticed after the pp upgrade is that the valve has very little effect on the tune until it is screwed almost all the way in (at any hammer spring setting) and the power wheel will only change the speed about 20 fps between min and max. I'm able to tune to ok spread, harmonics and groups below 100 bar reg pressure but was curious if others with the pp upgrade see similar stuff. Your thoughts please. 

The manual was made to go along with the MK1. Also says you cant adjust the reg down with pressure in the gun, which you can do with the later AMP reg that came with mk2 and beyond.

This is assuming you have the manual I'm thinking you do. Let's see a pic of it.

Loosen the little adjustment screw that adds preload to the HST wheel until the sliding part just twitches when you hold tension against the wheel with it between MIN and 1. Then you'll be at the lowest preload possible in the adjustment. If you have a MK2 you can go as low as 80-85 but I wouldnt recommend going below that.

You'll need heat to break down the loctite for that adjuster, I used a soldering iron resting on the threads for a few mins and it worked well. A propane torch would work too but be careful of course. It's all metal around there however.

2169.1621708996.jpeg
2168.1621709014.jpeg

The manual was made to go along with the MK1. Also says you cant adjust the reg down with pressure in the gun, which you can do with the later AMP reg that came with mk2 and beyond.

This is assuming you have the manual I'm thinking you do. Let's see a pic of it.

Loosen the little adjustment screw that adds preload to the HST wheel until the sliding part just twitches when you hold tension against the wheel with it between MIN and 1. Then you'll be at the lowest preload possible in the adjustment. If you have a MK2 you can go as low as 80-85 but I wouldnt recommend going below that.

You'll need heat to break down the loctite for that adjuster, I used a soldering iron resting on the threads for a few mins and it worked well. A propane torch would work too but be careful of course. It's all metal around there however.

Thanks for this info Sir, I did know a reference point for the wheel existed