• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Impact Question

What would cause my Impact to start shooting at lower FPS. I shot it through my chrony today and went from shooting 885 in .25 with my valve at 4 and the wheel at 4 to 780 with the same settings. I'm not losing air and my reg is right at 150 (where it was when it was shipped to me). So I throw my .30 barrel on and change the probe, keep my valve at 4 and change the wheel to Max. I had been shooting 850fps with these settings, but today I was getting around 710fps. Any ideas?? Breech o-ring maybe??

Thanks
-Brad

chance of both breech o-ring ware out on both barrels at the same time is not as likely unless you use both barrels equally. Another thing to check is the power wheel cam screw. Maybe the screw has worked itself loose away from the wheel since it bounces on the wheel on each shot. If it did than its like shooting at a lower power wheel setting. Check for play with the wheel set at MAX. 

Ernest has a video on that here.

EDIT...
GQ, looks like we both were thinking of the same thing here... By the time I finish typing the answers to post here you have beat me to it. Lol