• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Fx impact question

back story:

I purchased a power kit for my impact mk2. I was watching Ernest’s video of the install but he was using an impact x. He said the c1 measurement under the valve adjuster is 6.5 (mm I’m guessing) and the distance is critical.

my question:

my impact measures mk2 measures nowhere near 6.5mm. Am I doing something wrong or is the distance different for the MK2 vs the X?

Theoretically that 6.5 mm is a ballpark for ordinary setup to start with some number. Same as the pellet/slug probe/pin have a starting set number for the case if you had the FX apart and just quickly put it together. But once you start tuning and fine tuning the "machine" I believe nobody looked back where these numbers actually ended. The C1 works with a Valve spring and rubber ball, and at the rear the feeding pin with a mag clearance and brass transfer port. All these are variables , from my experience.