• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning fx.impact pulled trigger while cocking lever open

My magazine was out of FX impact and I was called outside. When I came back, I assumed I put magazine in the gun.

So I pulled the trigger while the cocking lever was still open. There was no mag in the gun. 

Now I can’t close the lever. I can load the gun and hold the lever while pulling the trigger to slowly let the lever back but it will stop on half way. It won’t go to close position. please advice. Thanks 

If it is not the o-ring it may be one of the pins on the loading block got bent or the sear got damaged. I shot mine with the lever out several/many times and never noticed a problem until I was inside the gun doing another mod and then I saw the bent pin, dents in the hammer and damage to the sear. I straightened the hammer pin by taping it with a punch and hammer a few times and it has been OK for awhile now. Later on, like a year later, I put the hammer on the mini-lathe and cleaned it up and replaced the sear.

You have to tear the top of the gun off to get at the loading block and pins so the bottle needs removed and the air in the plenum needs purged. You may want to check your hammer and sear for damage while you have it apart. There are vids for the sear removal on airgun 101as well. None of this is overly difficult especially with the videos.

Ernest and Airbucks have you covered with videos for the teardown take your pick;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLeO7O8DA0

https://www.airgun101.com/component/allvideoshare/video/fx-impact-power-plenum-installation-guide?Itemid=550

Hi Ninjababy, 

We wanted to advise you to call our customer service to help you get your gun up and running optimally and prevent any further damage. 

Our Customer service phone line can be found here: 
Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA