FX Impact - Pre Order and Delivery Related Questions

"Ted"
"skygear"Ok, so I got in touch with AoA again. :angry:

story is, (Paraphrasing) FX takes off whole month of JULY.
From Wikipedia: Sweedish Holidays.
"Most employees in Sweden are able to choose when to have their vacation, but most people have at least a three- or four-week vacation during the summer, often in July and early August. These weeks may in some sense be considered as de facto holidays with few employees at work."
Looks like Husqvarna and Ikea may also fall a bit behind. :)
I understood what it was. Didn't want to quote them verbatim. :0

AOA said this week that a larger shipment supposed to be in at end of Oct or early Nov. Another larger shipment coming about a month after that too. Most of the pre-orders are .25 and .30. calibers. If you place a pre-order now, it's very very unlikely that you get yours in the first shipment. AOA would not reveal how many people are on the wait list, nor what calibers and colors breakdowns of the pre-orders are. What I gathered from AOA from their mysterious answers is that there are several hundred items coming in for several hundred pre-orders (my guess: 200-300).

Not sure if I read correctly somewhere on the net that there were 30 FX Impact that already shipped recently? 

My humble estimation came from what I was told when I placed a pre-order: the wait list is in the hundreds. So there are at least 101 on the wait list, but very likely more. Don't forget some of these go to dealers in the U.S. who are are not authorized to deal directly with FX.

As far as real numbers...since the $200 deposit is refundable, I wonder if once the rifles arrive some on the wait list may drop off as the wife finds out about it :)

I called AOA today about something but while there I asked if I expand my order to include either a .22 OR a .25 cal AND either Black or Silver, would that give me a better chance to get an Impact sooner. I was told it would not even if I recently signed up, because they expect large enough shipments. They said they call beforehand anyway to ask about my choices. They could not confirm a date but two weeks sounds about right what they are estimating. So the end of Oct arrival obviously slipped.

I would like to be able to purchase this weapon but I live in Canada and in order for any weapon to be allowed in to this country it has to be approved by the GODS. They want to see first hand specs. on this from FX first hand. I have been trying to contact FX but no reply, nor anything from their one and only dealer in Canada. Has any one any first hand printed in formation on this air gun or know of a FX location that has any facts?? Thanks fellow air gunners, Bill

"wilheepee"I would like to be able to purchase this weapon but I live in Canada and in order for any weapon to be allowed in to this country it has to be approved by the GODS. They want to see first hand specs. on this from FX first hand. I have been trying to contact FX but no reply, nor anything from their one and only dealer in Canada. Has any one any first hand printed in formation on this air gun or know of a FX location that has any facts?? Thanks fellow air gunners, Bill
Hi Wilheepee

Unless you are the official distributor for FX airguns in Canada, I don't see how you can do anything that would make a difference, My suggestion would be to contact the distributor. Here is their info:

Trail-Marker Outdoor Products
Ontario
Phone: +1 800 565 9527
[email protected]
http://www.trail-marker.com

Scott

I am not aware of any published official FX specifications on either calibers. The information is out there and can be pieced together from various sources that will give you the weight, rifle length, barrel length, energy, etc The various sources are AGN, FX Facebook page, and a few YouTube reviews. I believe that the FX Impact is already available in Sweden so you may be able to pull the specifications off those web sites, or direct the Canadian agency to that web page.

I had similar difficulties when I was in Ontario (on work from the U.S). for three years. My Daystate .22 FAC MVT was considered a restricted firearm in Canada. But since I had the U.S. version that has a shroud no such rifle was ever entered into Ontario's registry because the shroud's interior baffles were considered silencers in Canada. So they were sold only with a naked barrel there. At least that's what I was told by a Canadian Daystate dealer from one of the other provinces. I expected an uphill battle in Ontario, but the policeman who took my case over the phone was also an airgun fan and after directing him to the old Daystate FAC MVT info page my rifle was entered into the Ontario registry without any issues. Once it was coded in the system I was able to request the firearm permit for it. 

Good luck and hope the GODs hear your prayer! 

EDIT: Just noticed the above post. That's the best way if you get it directly from the Canadian distributor. By now they should have at least the specs. Albeit AOA does not have the specs posted yet either.

So, I took a chance and got on AOAs waiting list for a .30 cal impact, with 200$ deposit. they said I would get my gun in the third shipment sometime next year, hopefully January. I asked if it would come with the hard case and was surprised to get the answer of "I don't know"! they said they think it might, but not sure. I did not ask if it came with a scope....probably would have got the same answer. So, for 1899$, I think I will probably get just a bare gun and maybe one of the small magazines. I hope they are not thinking of stripping the riffles out of the cases and selling the cases and scopes separately for more $$.

"steeve"So, I took a chance and got on AOAs waiting list for a .30 cal impact, with 200$ deposit. they said I would get my gun in the third shipment sometime next year, hopefully January. I asked if it would come with the hard case and was surprised to get the answer of "I don't know"! they said they think it might, but not sure. I did not ask if it came with a scope....probably would have got the same answer. So, for 1899$, I think I will probably get just a bare gun and maybe one of the small magazines. I hope they are not thinking of stripping the riffles out of the cases and selling the cases and scopes separately for more $$.
That would VERY MUCH BE A DISAPPOINTED if they did that considering their FX Verminator and Verminator Exstreme is a small, takedown style rifle and they come with cases and what ever accessories.