• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Impact Power Wheel

I have a .22 FX Impact (purchased in 2017) with a brand new PP mod. Question; How much change in FPS should there be from MAX to MIN setting on the wheel or does this depend on the set up(pellet weight, barrel length reg pressure etc.)? I know specific numbers probably aren't possible but should this number be in the 20FPS range or 100FPS range.

Thanks for the help

After a powerplenum install, you can probably use lower regpressure than the gun used before. I think the best option is for you to decide what max speed you want on the pellet you are using, and follow FX masterclass video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K9uG2KOPt0.

Then you are adjusting the wheel and reg for the desired speed range you want. If you are planning shooting different weights of pellets, then you can to adjust the gun for the heaviest pellet, and use both wheel and valve adjuster to fine adjust when shooting lighter pellets.

Just beware, if you are unsure the gun has the latest generation of reg, it is probably best to unscrew bottle and empty the plenum of air before adjusting down the reg. You have less risk damaging the reg, if you only adjust the pressure up, when gun is pressurised. Better to be on the safe side, than risk damaging the gun:)