• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX impact power wheel not changing fps

Try backing off the power adjuster Allen screw. It will probly need backed off quite a bit. That is how I got a portion of my power wheel adjustment back after adding a hammer washer/weight and installing the Delrin C3. Increasing the reg might werq also but will put you at a higher fpe level.

1f446.svg
That

If the wheel do not change the speed is because the spring has too much tension, you need to unscrew a bit the hammer spring tension screw

Did you do this?

Thanks all, I've wound up the pressure, still bugger all change. I can't get it as if you drop it to min it has eased off the hammer spring immensely. It seems to be adjusting it about 20fps between max and min

Try backing off the power adjuster Allen screw. It will probly need backed off quite a bit. That is how I got a portion of my power wheel adjustment back after adding a hammer washer/weight and installing the Delrin C3. Increasing the reg might werq also but will put you at a higher fpe level.

1f446.svg
That

If the wheel do not change the speed is because the spring has too much tension, you need to unscrew a bit the hammer spring tension screw

Did you do this?

Thanks all, I've wound up the pressure, still bugger all change. I can't get it as if you drop it to min it has eased off the hammer spring immensely. It seems to be adjusting it about 20fps between max and min

Yes, winner...

Sounds like the previous advice of the c3 Delron not soaking up as much kinetic energy is possibly the cause. I wound out the hammer spring to pretty much the minimum setting, and tried it. Not only is the powerwheel working, it's actually better than before, each setting is changing fps well. I am surprised though just how much I had to back it off... 

Yeah for example the power wheel gives lets say 70% of available throw just by turning the wheel.

Do you want the bottom (min) 70% of adjustment? Middle 70% or top 70%. Cant have super high power and super low power with only adjusting the power wheel. Using the old rubber ball valve adjuster you can by introducing that adjustment.

With how mine is setup im using the bottom 70% so the slider at minimum preload can be easily adjusted up if i want to shoot really heavy stuff. Its crazy efficient as its setup now.

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Sort of, I backed it off to from maxed out to where the minimum setting was so am probably sitting at accessing the mid range of hammerspring travel, fps is actually faster than before at max, so I guess I was hitting the valve and shutting the air off early. Ahh well at least I now know. My advice would be replace with c3 Delron, wind your hammerspring back to half way then start tuning from there... and don't expect to need anywhere as much spring tension as previous