• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Power Plenum .22 settings

Just use the original hammer spring 57 mm long instead of the new 52 mm hammer spring from the power plenum kit.

That will open the valve more.

No, it doesn't help. Need to be replaced or shortened by a spring.

Nathaniel

Accuracy: 

Hello,

I could finally change my hammer spring and test it with the 56.6mm original MKII spring. Well, thta's another story. I finally got the power increase I was expecting.

Just changing the spring gave me 277m/s (908fps) with the same reg setting (around 120 bars). And this time, I could increase the reg pressure and got enough spring strength to open the valve. With the reg set between 140 and 150 bars, I now get 287 m/s (941fps), which should be ok to test some .30 cal slugs. I couldn't test anything for consistency and accuracy at those speeds, the weather is just awful: rain and wind all over the place! I can't take my stuff out and do some decent testing for the moment.

Hello fromm Greece.

I have the impact mk1 and upgrade it to mk2 with the following settings-

Barrel 48mm smooth twist

regulator at 120 bars

power wheel to 1 (18.16mm)

valve on 2,5 bars

avg velocity 935 fps

pellets jsb 18.13 grains

external plenum 50cc

upgrade plenum of mk2

That is the best settings i could get after a lot of testings from 100 bars to 120.

Thank you.

Cutting the valve spring as vadimas says 

or replacing the hummer spring with original ? 

2 springs in the PP kit
1f914.svg

Both solutions are good.

It’s up to you.

Just use the original hammer spring 57 mm long instead of the new 52 mm hammer spring from the power plenum kit.

That will open the valve more.

No, it doesn't help. Need to be replaced or shortened by a spring.

Nathaniel

Accuracy: 

Hello,

I could finally change my hammer spring and test it with the 56.6mm original MKII spring. Well, thta's another story. I finally got the power increase I was expecting.

Just changing the spring gave me 277m/s (908fps) with the same reg setting (around 120 bars). And this time, I could increase the reg pressure and got enough spring strength to open the valve. With the reg set between 140 and 150 bars, I now get 287 m/s (941fps), which should be ok to test some .30 cal slugs. I couldn't test anything for consistency and accuracy at those speeds, the weather is just awful: rain and wind all over the place! I can't take my stuff out and do some decent testing for the moment.

You know what's funny? :)

The original, shorter PP spring is actually stiffer than the 57mm old spring.

The dimensions are exactly the same, except the pitch of the new spring is a bit smaller.

I've measured both springs with a digital kitchen scale, and the digital readout of my milling machine.

when both are compressed for 10mm, the old longer spring gave 3415gr and the new PP spring 3560gr.

The advantage of the new PP spring is that your adjustment range between "min" and "max" on the power wheel is bigger because of the higher spring rate.

With the old spring I found out that it is almost impossible to dial down with lower reg. settings.