Fx Impact POI help

"CHUCK"Hello Isaacrm1,
Once upon a time I had a similar problem when shooting from the bench, and that got worse when I shot standing offhand. Then one day I happened upon this video and it completely eliminated the problem for me. I am going to suggest a test for you to do that will either pinpoint the problem or eliminate this as a possibility...I want you to take three sheets of white paper and make a cross with black marker on them. Place the three targets at 70 yards...then from a bench rested position shoot 10 shots at each target while overlaying the black cross on the paper with the cross hair of your scope.

On target number one I want you to pull the trigger on each shot with the very tip of your finger, on target number two pull the trigger each time with the center of the pad on your finger, and on target number three put your finger on the trigger so that the crease of your finger is touching the trigger. The first one should hit to the left each time, the second should hit dead on, and the third one should hit to the right each time.

When you finish this test, do it all over again while only pulling the trigger with the center of the pad of your finger...but this time I want you to pay special attention to keep your rifle perfectly vertical so that your rifle and cross hair are level. Be positive that you are not canting the rifle at all. This test may surprise you also!

Watch these two videos by Kirsten Weiss and listen to her explanation, then do the tests I described above. You may be very surprised by the results! By the way, do not underestimate this gal...she is a professional and we are totally blessed that she shares her secrets with us. I wouldn't want to have to shoot against her for money my friend! 

I am adding this advice on trigger control from David Tubb who I personally believe is the greatest competition shooter of all time. I believe his records will stand for all time against all comers. One of the things he is adamant about is that you do not let your trigger finger touch any part of the rifle except the trigger! And the placement on the trigger has to be exact. Want to be a better shooter? Take a lesson from these two nice people and practice the right way and you will be amazed at the results. If I can do it you can too!
http://www.rifleshootermag.com/shooting-tips/shooting_tips_trigger_092105/

All the best, Chuck

Good stuff Chuck. Thai is very good information for anyone having this kind of problem. I can tall exactly what is happening when I start shooting right or left of a target. And it is always because I didn't use the right part of my finger on the trigger. I have a habit now of waiting on each shot to give myself time to notice "where is my finger on the trigger". It has tightened my groups of a lot.

Crusher