FX Impact Plenum Extension

@spray1mark madness? 😂😂 Then almost all with impact in RMAC are crazy...and Ernest Rowe is leading .. and I am follow too! Using it like that for a while now, and just took my mk2 and did the surgery (drill,.bridge removal and so on)

1560473337_2783236185d02eef9202586.41947039_20190613_201833.jpg

Total madness 😉

Hi everybody . Can somebody post in the future any schematic with the dimensions of this external plenum? The only I know is that the volume is 40 cc. I can understand as well the threads size and the bore hole size in rear block as mr Ernest describes in a previous post. I can not understand how can I create it in a lathe machine. I need Inside diameter outside diameter and I am trying to understand if this tube is from two pieces. I mean the downside part of the plenum is a second piece that is connected to the rest tube? ( I don’t mean the bar gauge ) I am just planning to try to make a new one in the lathe but my question is how can I create a solid tube with 40 cc volume inside? The only way I can think is to use a second part (downside) with threads. And I am asking because I am afraid to take any risk when I have to deal with high pressure air. I wish I could order it but I leave in Europe . I hope some of our friends of this forum can help us with their valuable informations. Sorry if I confused you ( English is not my main language) but I hope you understand the meaning of my question.Any information will be appreciated. Thank you in advance

@spray1mark madness?
1f602.svg
1f602.svg
Then almost all with impact in RMAC are crazy...and Ernest Rowe is leading .. and I am follow too! Using it like that for a while now, and just took my mk2 and did the surgery (drill,.bridge removal and so on)

Total madness
1f609.svg

Make sure to leave me that 580cc bottle in your will pls

Done, if in yours you add my name in that scope on your pic 🤝🤜🤟

I forgot to mention that I have made all the rest modifications regarding hammer weight c3 replacement , opening transfer ports and milling the down side of the valve house . My question is only for the external plenum.

Same principle than water oil pcp filter compressor (you can use one actually), Google it, those can take over 300 bar. Welcome to the madness club 😉

1560502455_78482155d0360b751cf95.92102883_High-pressure-PCP-hand-pump-air-filter-Oil-water-Sep...jpg

The external plenum looks good / fine to me...if you're after aesthetics idk why you'd purchase an impact anyhow...its more known to be feature rich in a package that is very user friendly and compact...I've seen some beautiful rifles in my day and the impact is not on that list...nor is mine when it comes to over the top aesthetics...the more you understand how pcp's work and how regulated air volume is important, the more you appreciate the 'beauty' of an external plenum that over doubles your available volume @ the regulator plenum.

Plus, if you don't like the look of the external plenum, then don't have one installed! 

-Matt

I agree, the impact is pig ugly, it didn’t stop me ordering one though. I don’t like the look of the extension, I won’t be fitting one, not because of appearance but I don’t need the extra power..

Bb

the question is how to get the plenum extended ? i did talk with ernest said to me ( contact FXusa ) for power kit

i did contact FXusa in Nov/2018 till now ... the reply and skip alot but still not getting it

can anybody help me getting the kit with the plenum please ? direct message would be appreciate it :)

You'll have to wait until it's available for sale to the public. FX said possibly in a month from now.

@spray1mark madness? 😂😂 Then almost all with impact in RMAC are crazy...and Ernest Rowe is leading .. and I am follow too! Using it like that for a while now, and just took my mk2 and did the surgery (drill,.bridge removal and so on)

Total madness 😉

Okay I will be interested to see if FX USA and FX Sweden are fully behind users modifying thier guns in this way.

If these mods are that good , then why don’t FX offer these mods on there new guns ?

why do FX COME OUT WITH A SLUG LINER AND MOST COUNTRIES CANT GET SLUGS ?

So, is not enough that fx impact is the most modular, flexible and probably one of the most accurate airgun in the world out of the box. You want power customization too? . Is like saying why you can't get an f1 car out of a dealer or blaming Ferrari not selling them.

Regarding slugs, are you blaming fx for local laws? Don't know all or most country s laws but in my country is ok to bring any ammo if it is for airguns. So FX should not make slug liners since slugs are banned in your country? 

Donno, maybe I am understanding wrong, but were are heading or implaing with those Q.?

@spray1mark madness?
1f602.svg
1f602.svg
Then almost all with impact in RMAC are crazy...and Ernest Rowe is leading .. and I am follow too! Using it like that for a while now, and just took my mk2 and did the surgery (drill,.bridge removal and so on)

Total madness
1f609.svg

Okay I will be interested to see if FX USA and FX Sweden are fully behind users modifying thier guns in this way.

Did you know that Ernest Rowe is like CTO (chief technical officer) on fx right? 

What you are saying is complicated, since not all users are equal and not all the users have the ability to mod a gun like this. And is probably why FX do not sale the power kit to end users. You need to go through a dealer to make those changes and to tell you the truth I agree on that most of the time.

BTW I am not sponsored by any means by FX or any other company. I am lucky enough in life to get what ever I choose, and after a long study I choose FX. Like everything in life it has some good and it has some bad. And knowing what I know today, if I have to do it all over again, FX will probably be the choice too. 

If these mods are that good , then why don’t FX offer these mods on there new guns ?

So, is not enough that fx impact is the most modular, flexible and probably one of the most accurate airgun in the world out of the box. You want power customization too? . Is like saying why you can't get an f1 car out of a dealer or blaming Ferrari not selling them.

Regarding slugs, are you blaming fx for local laws? Don't know all or most country s laws but in my country is ok to bring any ammo if it is for airguns. So FX should not make slug liners since slugs are banned in your country? 

Donno, maybe I am understanding wrong, but were are heading or implaing with those Q.?

It seems to me FX tries to please the USA FIRST , who else makes slugs out side the USA . No one in Europe seems to do them at the moment , until H&N and JSB come out with there’s 

perhaps I am just jealous, no Ian jealous 😂

It seems to me FX tries to please the USA FIRST , who else makes slugs out side the USA . No one in Europe seems to do them at the moment , until H&N and JSB come out with there’s 

perhaps I am just jealous, no Ian jealous
1f602.svg

And perhaps USA is one of if not the biggest market for fx guns. No power restrictions, no licensing for airguns. Not a big surprise the push would be from there.