• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact pellet drop.

"GQ"Of course the drop will be different.
OK, then I'm curious as to what you are looking for? If I say my impact zeroed at 50 yards drops another 10 inches at 100 yards using a 44.75 grain pellet, how is that information useful to you or anyone without knowing the fps that the gun is shooting? Not trying to be difficult, but without knowing how fast my gun was shooting, there is no useful information that I can think of with that info.

"GQ"When you hunt , the most important is the bullet drop when you know your ballistic, Not the fps.
Very true but that only works with your specific gun at a specific fps. Not someone else's unless you can match the fps they are shooting. Now a powder burner shooting stock ammo will be close to each other but still dependent on a lot of variables between the rifles. 

Im not trying to be difficult but we all have some learning to do on this subject. 

coriolis effect only plays a major role if projectile stays in flight for an extended period and shooting at extreme distances. applies more to powder burners. as for pellets, they tend to lose velocity pretty quick and drop like a rock. 

not trying to be a dick or anything. just trying to understand your reasoning. why dont you try to obtain the velocity that ur gun is shooting at. and plug it into strelok or chairgun app. its not designed to be exact, but it can get u very close. and after u shoot awhile and collect bit more data; there are functions with a few corrected values to make it very precise in most conditions. comparing ur gun to someone elses without all the right varibles can be very misleading. 

jl

You will be very surprised what Coriolis effect have on long range shooting with air guns pellets of all kinds.
I just chalenge the gentlemen here to try and understand what is ''long distance shooting''.
I am not talking about only 100 yards here. 150 and 200 is so challenging and fun to shoot.
So my reasoning is very simple.
Learn and try to shoot better and understand what others accomplished with their airgun rifles.

Another point here is that if you dont use a bubble level when you shoot at 100 + yards you will not have a good grouping right ?

Regards

GQ

No problem. It's all fun. I try not to get too serious about what I say on this forum. I have shot alot and I know what works for me. I don't target shoot much. I shoot birds at daries mostly. Sometimes it seems people get so wrapped up with bc of pellets, canting of the gun, velocity, foot pounds, and balistic programs that they forget to just go out and shoot to find out what their guns will do. That's why I posted the picture of the board I shot. Don't get me wrong. It amazes me what is posted about airgun tecnology and ballistics. This is a great forum. Very positive and informitive. Have fun, Scott