• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact , Panthera or jump ship and go Daystate Alpha Wolf

Which gun to buy?

• Total voters
My first air gun was a Daystate electronic. I had bad experience with the electronics and have never gone back. This is not to say I condemn them as a brand or the electronics either. I just won’t buy something I cannot fix myself again.

Panthers and Epoch both suffer the same malady in my book. First iteration guns and need some time for the bugs to get worked out. I would wait before diving in either pool.

Impact is on its 3rd generation. I have an M3 and love it. However, I like to tune and tinker.
The difficulty of tuning an Impact is often overblown. It is not that difficult. Really no harder than a Maverick and only slightly more complicated than the Crown. Simply twist the front reg up to where you never have to worry about it and use the other adjustments to get where you want to go.
The Impact is very accurate and can be made into a mild mannered pellet shooter or a slug shooting beast.
Mine has given me exactly zero problems in over a year with thousands of projectiles down rang and at least 5 different tunes. Get tired of a 22 or 25 and for under 500 you have a different caliber.
I hear you. I went with Daystate on my latest purchase because they have been in the electronic controlled air rifle business for over 20 years now. Hopefully, my experience will be a good one. My fingers are certainly crossed as this is my first venture into the electric side of these rifles.

Ga
I hear you. I went with Daystate on my latest purchase because they have been in the electronic controlled air rifle business for over 20 years now. Hopefully, my experience will be a good one. My fingers are certainly crossed as this is my first venture into the electric side of these rifles.
If you need any help shoot me a line and will be more than happy to help out!!

Go with whatever you feel will be most ergonomic for your shooting style!
This is it... Best advice/suggestion yet..
Do your research... Go to fun shoots..go to any shoot... Like minded people enjoy sharing and giving their thoughts on a rifle...I guarantee you will be offered to shoot their rifle.. you may find something you like better than what you have asked about... A lot of good people in this hobby. Only stupid question is not the one asked..
Take a weekend and make the drive... It's worth it...

Reactions: mtnGhost
Daystate is top notch gun first class gun
Screenshot_20230414-201335~2.png

Agreed

jasonmc is correct!!!!

I cannot tell you how many people helped me out with my daystate deltawolf ....and got friendship with most...takes time but thats the fun in the sport very relaxing and enjoyable , I had alot of people tell me at first that guns going to be a nightmare to much electronics ...ya ya ya they are sucking wind now! after a couple of years of tech work and alittle debugging wow you got a tack drive that my m8 buddies are watching now.....dont look back GREAT GUN. and I own an m3 so I know

I'm with you on being on the fence about electric airguns. Maybe it's the old school frame of mind, "Less is more".
Which is why I've walked away from FX. I did enjoy the accuracy. But the intricacies were just too much for me. After "Hot Rodding" my M3, and tuning and repairs on customer Impacts, I just decided to not service them anymore.

I've become a dedicated AGT Vulcan 3 fan. You've got experience tearing into your M3 (?), I'll bet my life you've been frustrated during the process more than once. 😂
If you ever get a chance to open one up (AGT), you're going to fall in love with how well they're engineered. Simplicity and ease of maintenance. I do miss having the higher capacity mags that are used in the M3. That said, I've got a handful of mags that aren't plastic and perform flawlessly in my pocket for the AGT's.

My Vulcan 3 .25 pushing 38.9 NSA shoots lights out 10 ring shots at 100 yds if I do my part and conditions are favorable. That's pushing 81 fpe at the muzzle. My .30 sends 47.2 NSA with 110 fpe at the muzzle with the same accuracy. I can get more out of both of I want to sacrifice shot count.

I'll end up buying an Epoch though. The platform intrigues me! I'm waiting on someone to post maximum fps/fpe for .30 and .35. 😊 I'm also waiting for first gen test subjects to work the bugs out. (I will figure out a way to add a sexy Aussie female voice to that platform to stroke my ego while shooting.) 😂

Cheers!
Isn’t the Epoch an electric gun?