FX Impact owners

Hola mi nombre es Claudio Flores de Patagonia Chile 
patagonia Airguns Chile.

tengo mi Fx Impact y comparto con Michael 
toda arma nueva sale con algún problema y las actualizaciones testifican posibles problemas.
tuve un problema de Precision con mi Fx Impact.
pero Fx ya está trabajando en ello. Estoy muy feliz con mi arma.
imagejpeg
imagejpeg
imagejpeg
imagejpeg

If I had just spent $1900 on an Impact and I didn't like it, it would be a while before I was able to admit that to other people I think. I would probably wait until after I had sold it before giving it a bad review. People often go through a justification phase with an expensive new purchase and it can take someone else to point out that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes....

That being said, I am sure the FX Impact is great. FX don't usually make bad air rifles. They do make ones that can be over-priced or not noticeably better than less expensive models though and you have to at least consider that in any review. Ultimately a review is your recommendation on whether or not other people should buy it. It isn't just about if it is good or not. lots of air rifles are good. I want to know if I should take my $1900 and buy one, or if I should buy something else, like a Wildcat for $500 less. 

One thing we know is that most FX rifles use the same barrel and that is one of the major components that actually makes a difference to performance. The other is putting the right amount of air through it consistently. Everything else is mostly about comfort, convenience or cosmetics which is not something someone else can review for you.

The FX Wildcat muddies the waters for me. I like it's looks more than the Impact. It's lighter too which is better for walking in the woods. Adjustable power is not important to me on a regulated gun which is already quiet. Once it is set at the right level and zeroed, I see no reason to change it. I would actively avoid it. I can solve any air capacity and pellet capacity differences by buying extra mags and air cylinders and still have a chunk of cash to spare. 

The thing that stands out with the Impact is the ability to change barrels and the AR grip compatible receiver. I might be alone on this but I think FX is making a mistake by not including an additional caliber in the base package. This is it's main selling point and it would go some way to explaining the higher price tag. You could genuinely say that it is 2 guns for the pirce of 1.5. As it stands now, I keep thinking that it is 1.7 guns for the price of 2 and I would prefer to buy two separate guns if I needed a second caliber.

If the Impact was the same price as the Cricket, Vulcan, Wildcat, Edgun etc, you would almost definitely by one assuming it is as accurate as other FX guns and early adopters don't uncover a string of design problems. As it's not, it's not clear cut.