FX Impact or Maverick Which is better?

Please tell me the pellet that seems to be the best for FX Impact X MKII.25 600mm. I also want to know the regular pellet or slug, setting fps, etc.
I would like to know the one with good accuracy for each of 50 yards and 100 yards.
Thank you.

anything JSB will give you dime sized hole at 50 yards unless you really screw up the gun. Best speed for Diablo pellets are between 800-880 but can be shot all the way down to 400fps with great accuracy. At 100 yards most pellets can get around 1 inch group around 850fps without wind. 

Lighter weight NSA, hybrids and JSB knock outs are most common and accurate from 700FPS to 1000fps with superior liner. Faster you shoot slugs the more harmonic issues so try 800FPS first. Slugs are a lot more work to get it to be accurate if you want to shoot fast. 

Please tell me the pellet that seems to be the best for FX Impact X MKII.25 600mm. I also want to know the regular pellet or slug, setting fps, etc.
I would like to know the one with good accuracy for each of 50 yards and 100 yards.
Thank you.

anything JSB will give you dime sized hole at 50 yards unless you really screw up the gun. Best speed for Diablo pellets are between 800-880 but can be shot all the way down to 400fps with great accuracy. At 100 yards most pellets can get around 1 inch group around 850fps without wind. 

Lighter weight NSA, hybrids and JSB knock outs are most common and accurate from 700FPS to 1000fps with superior liner. Faster you shoot slugs the more harmonic issues so try 800FPS first. Slugs are a lot more work to get it to be accurate if you want to shoot fast.

Until now, I have only used AirArms S510 (.22), and FX and high power PCP are unknown areas.
Which pellet do you think you should buy first? If possible, please tell me the specific product name.
Thank you.

Which caliber again?

Sorry.
.25(600mm)
Thanks!

in .25 the clear choice for 100 yards is the JSB 33.4 grain heavy pellets @830-860 FPS, easy MOA groups on a calm day. BC is 0.033 which is the best of any pellet I know, anything under 5 mph wind shouldn’t bother it much. 

second choices is JSB king exact @ around 880-900 FPS very accurate out to 100 also but more wind drift for sure. For hunting Hades are hard to beat under 80 yards, pin point accurate and devastatingly effective. 

I didn’t bother try any other pellets because why fix what’s not broken, just search Ted hold over videos on this subject. 

also while you are at it order a .22 kit because you probably will end up buying it anyways. It shoots cheap crosman pellets shocking well. Also .217 slugs are laser beams in the .22 superior liners.

as far as superior and .25 slugs goes I would try the nsa 29 grain slugs at 850-920 range, very accurate in my superior heavy. Sorry, don’t have a.25 superior. many had good luck with hybrids and JSB slugs but I I only use nsa because they are cheaper, washed and lubed and made in the USA. I’m too lazy to wash and lube every bag of slugs, I shoot them straight out of the bags they come in. Also try the new nsa 34.5 slugs, it has the best BC of any slugs of that weight range, looks extremely promising. 

Which caliber again?

Sorry.
.25(600mm)
Thanks!

in .25 the clear choice for 100 yards is the JSB 33.4 grain heavy pellets @830-860 FPS, easy MOA groups on a calm day. BC is 0.033 which is the best of any pellet I know, anything under 5 mph wind shouldn’t bother it much. 

second choices is JSB king exact @ around 880-900 FPS very accurate out to 100 also but more wind drift for sure. For hunting Hades are hard to beat under 80 yards, pin point accurate and devastatingly effective. 

I didn’t bother try any other pellets because why fix what’s not broken, just search Ted hold over videos on this subject. 

also while you are at it order a .22 kit because you probably will end up buying it anyways. It shoots cheap crosman pellets shocking well. Also .217 slugs are laser beams in the .22 superior liners.

as far as superior and .25 slugs goes I would try the nsa 29 grain slugs at 850-920 range, very accurate in my superior heavy. Sorry, don’t have a.25 superior. many had good luck with hybrids and JSB slugs but I I only use nsa because they are cheaper, washed and lubed and made in the USA. I’m too lazy to wash and lube every bag of slugs, I shoot them straight out of the bags they come in. Also try the new nsa 34.5 slugs, it has the best BC of any slugs of that weight range, looks extremely promising.

Let's start with JSB 33.4 grain heavy pellets. Slug will also buy the NSA29GR., 34.9gr.
Is the advantage of using .22 caliber low running cost?
Before using the slug in earnest, does the STX barrel perform well?
AND,Ted's Hold Over I'll watch it from now on.

Let's start with JSB 33.4 grain heavy pellets. Slug will also buy the NSA29GR., 34.9gr.

Doh! The new 34.9 grain slugs need superior heavy's faster twist rate, sorry, should of ran the stability calculator before I mentioned it. The ONLY slug that could work well in the .25 superior liner is the 29.5 grain flat based slugs at around 900FPS or faster, might work at 850 FPS though. Even the 29 grain dished based slugs is unlikely to be accurate even if you shoot it at 950 fps. 

The .22 caliber has a ton more slug and pellet choices unlike .25 caliber, the .25 superior liner is still a mostly pellet only liner unless you find really light and short slugs. Anything longer than the 29.5 grain slugs will need the superior heavy but the superior heavy isn't best for pellets because the twist rate is too fast for pellets at normal 850 fps speed. The .22 superior liner on the other hand is extremely good with both pellets AND lighter weight slugs and there are a lot of choices.

IMHO the .22 superior liner is the best one FX makes or ever made! Extremely versatile and shots damn near everything amazing! Plus .22 is a crap ton cheaper to shoot, wait till you see how well it shoots the 1.5 cent crosman premier hollow points! AND .25 slugs makes me a bit nervous, it's a sh!t ton of power, it can blow through 2x4s like nothing. 

If you want to have 1 caliber .22 is the only way to go IMHO. Maybe you should change your order to .22 unless you really want to shoot .25 pellets only and then buy .22 kit for slugs! LOL 

Doh! The new 34.9 grain slugs need superior heavy's faster twist rate, sorry, should of ran the stability calculator before I mentioned it. The 2 slugs that should work well in the .25 superior liner are the 26.5 grain and the 29.5 grain flat based slugs. Even the 29 grain dished based slugs is unlikely to be accurate even if you shoot it at 1000 fps. 

The .22 caliber has a ton more slug and pellet choices unlike .25 caliber, the .25 superior liner is still a mostly pellet only liner unless you find really light and short slugs. Anything longer than the 29.5 grain slugs will need the superior heavy but the superior heavy isn't best for pellets because the twist rate is too fast for pellets. The .22 superior liner on the other hand is extremely good with both pellets AND lighter weight slugs and there are a lot of choices. When I put my .25 barrel on it's slugs only!

IMHO the .22 superior liner is the best one FX makes or made! Extremely versatile and shots damn near everything amazing! Plus .22 is a crap ton cheaper to shoot, wait till you see how well it shoots the 1.5 cent crosman premier hollow points! AND .25 slugs makes me a bit nervous, it's a sh!t ton of power, it can blow through 2x4s like nothing.

I see.
There is not much difference in destructive power between .25 and .22. The.25 is halfway, isn't it?
It seems better to switch between .22 and .30 for operation.
Thanks!

I see.
There is not much difference in destructive power between .25 and .22. The.25 is halfway, isn't it?
Thanks!

Sorry, after running some more numbers I think the .25 superior liner only has the possibility of shooting the 29.5 flat based slugs. 

As far as killing power pellets and slugs have to be categorized differently. If you shoot pellets only the .25 pellets are hands down better, not even close better! However because of the much larger/better hollow points on slugs and also much faster speed/more energy down range even the .22 slugs are absolutely devastating, not even in the same ball park even compared to .25 pellets. When I shot rabbit with pellets the best I can do is a pass through and sometime they run away even with a good vital shot. With slugs they get anchored hard because the hollow point expands and just destroys everything in it's path, it looks like I hit the rabbit with a 172 hmr or a .22 rim fire round. I have not hunted with .25 slugs yet because it took me a while to figure out .25 slugs but I assume the destruction will be that much more devastating so I'm reserving it for larger games like turkey, it'll probably destroy half of a good size cottontail! Even the .22 slugs thread the meat and bone bad in a bunny, lost good amount of meat actually. 

I see.
Thanks!

Sorry, after running some more numbers I think the .25 superior liner only has the possibility of shooting the 29.5 flat based slugs. 

As far as killing power pellets and slugs have to be categorized differently. If you shoot pellets only the .25 pellets are hands down better, not even close better! However because of the much larger/better hollow points on slugs and also much faster speed/more energy down range even the .22 slugs are absolutely devastating, not even in the same ball park even compared to .25 pellets. When I shot rabbit with pellets the best I can do is a pass through and sometime they run away even with a good vital shot. With slugs they get anchored hard because the hollow point expands and just destroys everything in it's path, it looks like I hit the rabbit with a 172 hmr or a .22 rim fire round. I have not hunted with .25 slugs yet because it took me a while to figure out .25 slugs but I assume the destruction will be that much more devastating so I'm reserving it for larger games like turkey, it'll probably destroy half of a good size cottontail! Even the .22 slugs thread the meat and bone bad in a bunny, lost good amount of meat actually.

Thank you for the very detailed explanation.
I live in Japan.
The main target of air gun hunting is the duck. The .22 slug seemed like the best way to get a solid 100 yard finish. How is it?
And if I will get Impact, I would like to hunt deer with high power of .30. (In Japan, .35 is still NG)

I see.
Thanks!

I live in Japan.
The main target of air gun hunting is the duck. The .22 slug seemed like the best way to get a solid 100 yard finish. How is it?
And if I will get Impact, I would like to hunt deer with high power of .30. (In Japan, .35 is still NG)

22 slugs is more than enough for ducks. The .30 caliber has even bigger problem with slug selection or lack of so if you want to hunt deer then I suggest a completely different gun like the Texan in 257 or 9mm or 45 caliber depending how far you shoot or a bulldog for under 150 yards, unless your deers are very small. If I had to use an Impact for deer then I would get the .25 superior heavy and shoot the heaviest slugs at the 900+ FPS and nothing over 100 yards and head shots only. Also I would not hunt anything much larger than ducks or turkey with pellets, for larger games slugs should be the only choice even if you only take head shots. 

I see.
Thanks!

I live in Japan.

22 slugs is more than enough for ducks. The .30 caliber has even bigger problem with slug selection or lack of so if you want to hunt deer then I suggest a completely different gun like the Texan in 257 or 9mm or 45 caliber depending how far you shoot or a bulldog for under 150 yards, unless your deers are very small. If I had to use an Impact for deer then I would get the .25 superior heavy and shoot the heaviest slugs at the 900+ FPS and nothing over 100 yards and head shots only. Also I would not hunt anything much larger than ducks or turkey with pellets, for larger games slugs should be the only choice even if you only take head shots.

I realized that .22 was the best option for me.
I would like to assemble around the .22 slug.

There's a lot of discussion of slug size and weight but I thought this thread was about if the Maverick is better than the impact. I have the same question. I have an impact that is a tack driver and wanted to get a Maverick in 25 sniper to turn it into a slug gun. Or do I turn the Impact to a slug gun and get a Crown MKii for my pellet gun ?