FX impact more problems

carpp

Jun 28, 2016
UK
Been using my .25 impact this morning all fine, went to Cock the gun to fire again as I pulled the trigger there was just a noise of what Seems to be the hammer striking but no air coming out, my valve spring adjuster knob is tight as hell like I can't even move it, is it going to have to go back for the second time in 3 weeks? :)

Reactions: plinker
Are you able to rotate the power adjustment wheel? If not, then the rifle is still cocked.

Unload the magazine (to avoid double loading), cock the rifle (pull the lever fully until the trigger engages), close cocking lever and then fire.

If that doesn't work, remove barrel and air tube. Then remove the valve adjuster. Check that there is a rubber ball in the knob that comes off.

I have had it for just over a year. Any issues I have had with it thus far I take responsibility for. This though seems to be a fault with the gun. It’s probably something simple, blown o ring or something somewhere. Everything is lined up correctly. I disassembled and looked for obvious issues but some of the o rings are hard to visually inspect due to location so I was hoping to get to the root of it here. Air just isn’t leaving the reg when firing. Maybe a ring blew and is blocking something? Would just rather fix it myself instead of sending it in. Gun was performing great and then it wasn’t. 

1527633156_7960073615b0dd504c1bf38.79617637_5557F294-D10C-4C4D-8CEE-2C6C39728520.jpeg

Peice on the end can unwind. 
Worth a look. 

Reactions: Scotaty
Great troubleshooting Airsupply. You’ll get a plus from me for that. I checked it first. Everything is where it should be. Of note, when fired, the valve adjuster becomes incapable adjustment. If I tear it all down, then reassemble, it adjusts just fine. However, if I cock and fire, it becomes very tight to which using the adjustment feels as if it is damaging the rifle. To the same effect as described by original poster. 

Update. So after tearing the rifle down several times, I finally found the culprit. The Hammerseat, which is at the end of the valve rod, was missing the small grub screw. Now the hammer seat is threaded as is the valve rod, however over time (thousands of shots) the threads stripped out. This explains why it fired, then it did not. If you look at a schematic you can see the part. I’m guessing my rifle never came with the grub screw. 

So, Ive contacted fx USA, and am just waiting to hear the price to get a new hammerseat, grub screw, and valve rod. Thank you to everyone that tried to help troubleshoot. Air supply, you had it the first response. I didn’t see it when I checked due to how it failed. But in the end that was the issue. Strangely enough, it was difficult to unscrew yet when pulled directly it popped off.

Reactions: DesprateRado