• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact MKII to M3 Upgrades

So, now that I have 2 new MKIIs for the family to enjoy FX sneaks this one in on us, LOL, all good. Can anyone tell which of the new features can be upgraded to the new systems? Also, of the MKII aftermarket add ons which of the products would not transfer over easily. I have the saber bag rail and arca trigger guard extension. Also, already have the slug power kits installed and the barrel ports modded. Would be great if we could get the dual reg added to our current bottles and also the upgraded hammer wheel settings/adjustments. Thanks for any input. How many of you are going to sell your MKIIs?

fmetz

From what FX has said so far, only the larger 72cc Power Plenum from the M3 will fit the Mk2 guns.

However regarding aftermarket parts it does appear that things like butt plates, bag riders and replacement trigger guards/lower Pic rail extensions will seamlessly fit both models.

This seems correct. I also think the Barrel Tuner and Inline Chrono would be applicable to older Impacts. The Bottle Reg is a no go...

I don’t know how the rest of you all feel about the m3, but I’m a set it and forget it guy. So other than the 20moa rail, the larger plenum, and maybe that better accessible front valve knob, I don’t need the feature of the hammer spring adjustment or the dual reg. Heck, I haven’t messed with the reg at all since I bought my MK2, but instead, swapped in better parts like Ernest’s transfer port, huma’s power pin, different hammer and valve springs, to get it to increase almost 130 FPS since I got the gun. Ok, if the power wheel knob is transferable I’d swap that in, too, as the numbers and letters mixed I always thought was ridiculous. 

Pretty much anything that Ernest came up with this last year and a half that all went towards the M3, I installed, and they all made an improvement to the gun. 

So with that said, I see my current impact with most power mods already in place that the new M3 has, it would be ridiculous for me to sell and start over. I would be replacing something for upgrades I wouldn’t really need, if you catch my drift. Not to mention having to sell it at a loss. Oh, forgot.... I originally bought that mk2 used but never used, for $1450, ha ha

I would love to have the 20moa rail

FWIW, I just purchased one for my MK 2 from Utah airguns...They had it in stock.

EDIT: Ive had a couple of questions about the 20moa rail I ordered...I called Utah guns to ask about the rail b/c I noticed the Matt Dubber slugger comes with a 20moa rail and they had it in stock...so in short, you have to call them it is not listed on their site. Hope this helps those that want one.