FX Impact MkII settings- where to start?

Greetings all-

I will have a new .25 FX Impact MkII arriving in the next months or so. I am hoping to tap the huge bank of knowledge/experience I see hear and start my tuning based on what other people know works. I expect to create a flow chart (just the way my simple mind seems to work) that I will be glad to share here with my experience in starting from ground zero with a new rifle.

In .25 caliber- I will start with JSB 25.4gr's, then MK II 33gr's, then to 25 cal slugs. From my reading here, it sounds like the heavier end of slugs are the top performers- or do you have a different experience? I will start with Nielsen's slugs.

How to measure the Hammer Spring Adjustment- I have seen people using a caliper to measure this distance (Face of action body to rear of moving/adjusting sleeve) and understand some sleeves do not have markings. Other thoughts?

I'm sure there are better ideas, but at least this will be a start- what say you? Photos of hand notes work also!

Thank you for your time and consideration in responding. Hi-vel, (Modified to show table)

I got my Impact MKII .25 700mm last week and so far I don't plan to change anything yet. I'm content to learn the gun and getting a feel for what it does at factory settings before I tweak anything. This way I'll know if something is different when I change settings.

I'm no expert at airguns by any means, but I've shot several different guns, PBs and otherwise, and I can with confidence say that the Impact is the most pleasurable gun to shoot out of any I have tried. It's just really fun to shoot!

Just play a little. They are all a touch different or the gauges are.

in my experience they love the reg set around 150. Hammer wont need to be maxed out. Forget the calipers. Just turn it this way and that until the gun shoots lights out. You will probably have the valve seat sitting between the second and third line.

They seem complicated to tune but they really arent. They want to shoot. Just play till u find what it likes. My guess is out of the box its more accurate than you expected.

The first I would do is to shoot some tins of pellets true it first, and see if it requires regular cleaning or not. Some barrels can go trough several tins without cleaning, and some only a couple of hundreds. Also the reg might have to settle a litle first. So there is in my opinion no need to start to do any serious tuning before you know the gun shoot stable before that. You can offcourse play around with the different settings on the powerwheel if you like, as you are not changing anything on the gun by using it. 

Also the gauges on the gun is not always accurate, so the reg settings other use might not be suitable for your gauge/gun. The only true measurement you can trust before, and when you start to tune, is the chrony numbers. The most important measurement is probably to measure the true max speed (where the gun starts to waste air out the barrel, and doeas not gain any more speed), before changing anything on the reg. So instead of trying to put in recommended settings from other users, use your own, according to what range of pellet speed you want to work with.