• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact MKII Hammer Seat Question.

Hello everyone, almost the weekend, woohoo!

My Impact has been shooting really, really well lately so other than adjusting the hammer spring and regulator a little bit here and there, and testing different methods to dampen vibration, I haven’t been messing with it. So today, after a year and thousands and thousands of rounds, I got the dreaded “click” when I pulled the trigger. 

Long story short, when I took the gun apart, looked around and when I tipped the gun, the hammer seat just fell out. No grub screw there either. I called and talked to Brian, he said it’s a new design, sounded like there wasn’t a grub screw just the threads. Sounded good, I didn’t ask a lot of questions. I thanked him and went to work doing what I needed to do to get it shooting. I cleaned it up, lubed it and when I went to thread it back on, it wouldn’t thread on. I cleaned out the inside of the hammer seat really well and found there are no threads? What the heck, no threads and no grub screw either? How has it shot so well, thousands and thousands of rounds over the past year? 

I tried calling FX again, no answer in the tech dept. or the main line. Melissa is supposed to call me back but I’m assuming it will be next week. It’s been so long since I’ve taken that part of my gun apart, I don’t remember if mine was threaded or if I had a grub screw? The only thing I could possibly think of that could have happened is a piece of lead or metal got down in the base of the hammer seat and got compacted, covering the threads. Gun wouldn’t have worked though and I looked in there with a magnifying glass and bright light, looks absolutely normal. I looked for any marks on the front of the valve rod that would have been made from a grub screw, nothing. I’m kind of baffled.

So my question to you guys is this? What model gun do you have? MKI, MKII, MKII ver. 2 and how does your hammer seat attach and do you have any thoughts on how it could have kept working flawlessly for this long with no threads or a grub screw holding it together? Ant thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Below is a picture of the inside of the hammer seat to show you that there aren’t any threads. A picture of how deeply the hammer seat slides onto the rod and just a general picture of the parts. 

Thanks for your help. Stoti

A7E4B8F9-72B0-4228-B190-2D4A21611598.1601059886.jpeg
E75BFE44-0415-403F-B99C-BF7B74259127.1601060104.jpeg

I had the exact same thing happened to my gun three weeks after I received the gun last year. But I didn’t know that the rod broke half way inside I didn’t see any threads on the rod. When I called FX the person that I talked to asked me to look at the schematic for the impact mk2 and it showed that the gun needs the grub screws but after receiving them that was not the problem. I then called FX and talked to a technician and the rod clearly broke and a month later I got the C4 rod and replaced it and no problem since. I wish that I had talked to the technician first but o well. Good luck 

Yes Dennis, it will be covered under warranty!

Yep, yes, for sure, yep, yes, absolutely and yes!!! Thanks everyone, it is indeed broken off in the hammer seat. It makes sense rather than a piece of metal smashed in there, the length of the rod is absolutely shorter than it should be. Been so long since I had it apart, I forgot what it should look like! I talked to Newman right after I made the post, A new valve rod and hammer seat will be on their way next week....If they arrive from Sweden. Currently out of stock. If someone does have one laying around(valve rod complete and hammer seat) let me know, I’ll buy it. When the new one arrives I can use it for a back up. 

I’ve been away from AGN this afternoon until just now when we got home. It was awesome to get on here and see the responses and that everyone nailed in on the head! I really appreciate all of the responses.

To those of you new to AGN or those that just don’t know, there are a bunch of great, knowledge, helpful, friendly and really cool people here on AGN. It’s such a great resource just loaded with awesome men, women, boys and girls!

Thanks for the help everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend! 
Stoti