FX Impact MKII cocking behavior

No, not in my experience. The probe stops moving forward a tad before the end of the forward cocking stoke of the cocking lever, before the lever is fully closed but shouldn’t go backwards. Check to see if you probe attachment grub screw is tight. 

Happy Easter, Stoti

Tje video certainly isn’t necessary but I wanted to see if it would upload without using Facebook.

download.png

download.png

I think it is not related to the probe itself. Just have a look.

Mine does exactly the same.

download.png

No, not in my experience. The probe stops moving forward a tad before the end of the forward cocking stoke of the cocking lever, before the lever is fully closed but shouldn’t go backwards. Check to see if you probe attachment grub screw is tight.

I checked with two Impacts. Both do the same:

download.png

Thank you. Hande, it seems that your behavior is the same. Actually, there is a problem, at least in .30 cal. When the probe goes back a little it covers the transferport by a tiny bit. I have a borescope and I can check that. We may loose some speed because of that.

You can adjust the probe exactly to the right spot by rotating the reloader bar (part B19). It has left handed thread at the other end, so when you rotate it, it moves to the desired direction. First make a rough adjustment by rotating the pellet probe guide (part B12) so that it is 44,4 - 44,7 mm from the rear of the block. 

Be careful not to tighten the B19 too far in to reloading block, because it will squish the plastic sleeve inside the reloading block!

Its normal for the probe and cocking block to go back a bit after fully shutting. That is due the the rubber ball in the front pushing it back out to lock it. If it ain't broken, leave it alone. Smh

This is the correct answer. 
Yes there is a slightly over centre locking mechanism. As you close the block it push’s again the small rubber ball/balls in the block. This give some pressure back to keep the the block locked behind centre. 
Without the rubber ball and back pressure it falls open. 
It has nothing to do with the probe. 

Hande, do I need to disassemble the gun to make the adjustments?

Yes, but only the top part. You have to remove the guiding plate B14 to get access to the reloader bar and the pellet probe guide. It's one of the easiest maintenance tasks you can do to the Impact. You can't go wrong with it. Just make sure, that you don't overtighten the screws, when you put it back together. There are plenty of videos on youtube about disassembling an Impact.

Its normal for the probe and cocking block to go back a bit after fully shutting. That is due the the rubber ball in the front pushing it back out to lock it. If it ain't broken, leave it alone. Smh

This is the correct answer. 
Yes there is a slightly over centre locking mechanism. As you close the block it push’s again the small rubber ball/balls in the block. This give some pressure back to keep the the block locked behind centre. 
Without the rubber ball and back pressure it falls open. 
It has nothing to do with the probe.

Yes, but we are now working on this problem:

Actually, there is a problem, at least in .30 cal. When the probe goes back a little it covers the transferport by a tiny bit. I have a borescope and I can check that. We may loose some speed because of that.

Thank you. Hande, it seems that your behavior is the same. Actually, there is a problem, at least in .30 cal. When the probe goes back a little it covers the transferport by a tiny bit. I have a borescope and I can check that. We may loose some speed because of that.

You can adjust the probe exactly to the right spot by rotating the reloader bar (part B19). It has left handed thread at the other end, so when you rotate it, it moves to the desired direction. First make a rough adjustment by rotating the pellet probe guide (part B12) so that it is 44,4 - 44,7 mm from the rear of the block. 

Be careful not to tighten the B19 too far in to reloading block, because it will squish the plastic sleeve inside the reloading block!

I want to clarify this answer a little bit. Usually it's enough, that you rotate the probe guide, but in some cases, one round in direction or another can be too much, if you want the probe exactly to the right spot. Then along comes the adjustment of the reloader bar.

Assuming all adjustments are correct so the center of a factory TP on the pellet probe is directly centered and in line with the barrels port, one can either dremmel out a bit more at the front end of the probe’s opening to get rid of that concern.

actually the best way to find out, is to close the cocking handle all the way forward, release it so it settles, go back to the mag well opening, and take a fine point scratch awl and run it against the edge of the barrel where the probe is at. Scribe a mark around the probes circumference.

remove your barrel, remove your probe, insert the probe into the barrel and place your scribe mark against the edge of that barrel and look at your transfer ports. What I just explained will tell you for sure 100% if your transfer ports are all lined up perfect. When I received my used impact(or new) that’s the first thing I did was to check that, but I used a mechanical pencil, that way if it was off I can make the necessary adjustments. The scribe method is more of a permanent indexing mark, so at anytime I have to take my Impact apart, I can always reference that mark from the mag well with the cocking handle closed, to make sure all ports are lined up 100%. On two other impacts that I worked on I did just that, so the owners always can reference that mark.

i also did that scribe mark on both my wildcats. It just makes perfect sense to.

Oh, and don’t use a sharpie. Even a fine point sharpie. Main reason is I don’t care how fine a sharpie you use, the sharpie line will be thicker than an actual scribed mark from an awl type tool.

second, more than likely as your removing the probe and what not, one if not all of your fingers will have some type of lube on it and you chance smearing the sharpie mark off. A mechanical lead pencil has a better chance.

Assuming all adjustments are correct so the center of a factory TP on the pellet probe is directly centered and in line with the barrels port, one can either dremmel out a bit more at the front end of the probe’s opening to get rid of that concern.

actually the best way to find out, is to close the cocking handle all the way forward, release it so it settles, go back to the mag well opening, and take a fine point scratch awl and run it against the edge of the barrel where the probe is at. Scribe a mark around the probes circumference.

remove your barrel, remove your probe, insert the probe into the barrel and place your scribe mark against the edge of that barrel and look at your transfer ports. What I just explained will tell you for sure 100% if your transfer ports are all lined up perfect. When I received my used impact(or new) that’s the first thing I did was to check that, but I used a mechanical pencil, that way if it was off I can make the necessary adjustments. The scribe method is more of a permanent indexing mark, so at anytime I have to take my Impact apart, I can always reference that mark from the mag well with the cocking handle closed, to make sure all ports are lined up 100%. On two other impacts that I worked on I did just that, so the owners always can reference that mark.

i also did that scribe mark on both my wildcats. It just makes perfect sense to.

👆 👍
I haven't figured out any other method to check that the ports are lined up perfectly.

I found a video of that, but it doesn't show the adjustment of the reloader bar B19 (if it's necessary for finer tuning). Here is only adjustment of the the pellet probe guide. Just use a sharper pointed pen than in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8jbOuDtdDM