• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX FX Impact MK4

Yes, dominates the brand which pumps more money in the marketing, influencers and shooters. The volume of the produced units is also important.

Take @thomasair as an example. This guy creates one of the most accurate PCPs in the world. According to you FX is better because there are more folks with FX in the ranking. C'mon, use your brain.

Unfortunately, the red panda is a prototype, and not yet available to people like ourselves.
Until more people prove themselves with the other brands, FX is the clear EBR winner with the Impact.
The proof is in the pudding history books!"

2024 should be interesting, and competion is always great for us consumers.
I hope to see more Karma Red Pandas on the podium.
Until then, FX dominates!

The upper left target is the sighter. 5 sighters were shot from a freshly cleaned barrel to both foul the barrel (my pellets are dusted with boron), and stabilize the regulators.

I guess I can say that my M3 is gone because I failed to convince rats to stay above ground while I stabilized my regulators.

Not quite sure what you’re looking for but here you go. The little guy in the background had a real barrel for him but it didn’t outperform the FX contraption the gun came with. It was about the same but the gun was heavier. So it wound up on a Kral Jumbo I sold my buddy. I hope to try one more barrel on it someday when I can get my hands on what I want. Like I said before, the guns are different with solid steel on them but shooting dwarf bullets is shooting dwarf bullets. It’s actually very tricky to get it right. If I would sell you either of those .25’s, you are only using one slug. If the guy quits selling them, you’re screwed. You may be able to find something else that performs good enough depending on your standards.

IMG_5665.jpeg

I guess I can say that my M3 is gone because I failed to convince rats to stay above ground while I stabilized my regulators.
If you noticed, I didn't stand around shooting 5 shots into the air to stabilize the regulators as you apparently did, thus driving the rats below ground, l stabilized the regulators with 5 equivalent head shots.

Your perfectly good M3 gone due to a faulty ground to trigger interface, how silly is that?!!?

Last edited:
If you noticed, I didn't stand around shooting 5 shots into the air to stabilize the regulators as you apparently did, thus driving the rats below ground, l stabilized the regulators with 5 equivalent head shots.

Your perfectly good M3 gone due to a faulty ground to trigger interface, how silly is that?!!?
No worries - it found a nice home where its owner will shoot in a basement at paper targets, after taking a few warm up shots to stabilize the regulator creep and free the valve stiction. I’m not sure how you’re equivocating your paper punching with headshots on rats at 80 yards, but I hope that your $2k 12fpe M3 continues to bring you great joy.

I think some of the problems people experience is due to driving their rifles too hard. I could be wrong though. I was watching a Matt Dubber video on accessories and he mentioned that he would like to see a backbone upgrade on the M4. I was thinking of ordering the Air Marksman version for my MK2, but will now wait a bit to see if FX makes an upgrade that would be compatible with my rifle.

I think some of the problems people experience ...
I don't see a problem with existing original Back Plate = backbone on Impacts.
I think the biggest mistake is when people assembling the gun back, torquing the screws first instead of wiggling the structure first to sit the components and remove a misalignment "stress".
There were some Ernest disassembling videos back in early times, just watch how he holds the gun with one hand and "managing" the the screws with other. If people don't pay attention to this - a backbone won't help neither.
We, shall never torque screws one by one, but in 2-3 steps going around in a pattern ... like your car wheel lug nuts.

I think the backbone is pretty solid and like that the rail is also part of it. I did the short version.

View attachment 421737
The Air Marksman backbone is very rigid ...its a good product..

i run the long version so i can use the NF Wedge Prism when shooting out past 450yds..

20231005_185624.jpgwwww.jpg

Last edited:
I wish my experience was as good as yours, I bought a 30cal impact sniper
used it for a few weeks and it was shooting 4" groups at 40 yards
I talked the FX people here in Australia and they told me to up the 1st reg to 180psi and the second to 140-150 psi out of the box it was 140 & 110
I waited for the chronograph I purchased to arrive before touching anything. Found it was shooting fx slugs at 540fps
So then i started testing pressures etc to get it to where I wanted it. Shoots 1" groups now at 50yards at 860fps
I am after a little more speed so now waiting for hammer & spring kit to arrive & barrel tensioner and sleeve.
I am chasing 950fps but we will see when the upgrades arrive
Hi,
I have 700mm m3 in 177. I think the pressure is in bar not psi.. My current setting reg 1 is in 160 bar and reg 2 is in 120 bar and get the 970 fps... All i upgrade only the 700 heavy tensioner liner and it is enough for my nsa 15 gr... Imho If you are a speed chaser with heavy Slug then you need more upgrade.

Reactions: Lancer
I wish my experience was as good as yours, I bought a 30cal impact sniper
used it for a few weeks and it was shooting 4" groups at 40 yards
I talked the FX people here in Australia and they told me to up the 1st reg to 180psi and the second to 140-150 psi out of the box it was 140 & 110
I waited for the chronograph I purchased to arrive before touching anything. Found it was shooting fx slugs at 540fps
So then i started testing pressures etc to get it to where I wanted it. Shoots 1" groups now at 50yards at 860fps
I am after a little more speed so now waiting for hammer & spring kit to arrive & barrel tensioner and sleeve.
I am chasing 950fps but we will see when the upgrades arrive
I haven’t shot hybrids so I couldn’t recommend any settings, but I know my MK2 (2019 pre power plenum) had zero issues hitting 950 with .25 jsb pellets. I only know this because I turned the reg valve a little much lol. But out of the box she was 140 bar shooting 860 fps. I don’t really shoot groups but I can tell you she was dead nuts accurate up to 87 yards popping a few tiny birds, both before and after I tuned her for a few extra fps.

On another note, the new FX DRS Pro MDT looks insane! I’ll be ordering one when a few others do videos on it.