FX FX Impact MK4

I hear its already in the works, but how do you improve perfection?
I wouldnt call the FX M3 impact perfection, if it was perfect you wouldnt need to spend $$$$ on extras to make it work properly after buying it and hours & hours tuning it for 1 job and if anything changes you have to re tune it again. Thats not perfection far from it

Within 12 hours of me getting my M3’s absolutely dialed into my standards, they will introduce the M4, Flimfam or whatever they decide to call it. That’s what happened with my MKll Power Plenum guns. It depends on what weaknesses they fix. That will determine my next step.
What's the most likely update in the MK4?

Last edited:
I wouldnt call the FX M3 impact perfection, if it was perfect you wouldnt need to spend $$$$ on extras to make it work properly after buying it and hours & hours tuning it for 1 job and if anything changes you have to re tune it again. Thats not perfection far from it
Airguns 101.
.177 requires different settings than a .25.....
30 pellet requires different settings than a .30 slug, etc.
1 platform + many options = perfection.

Reactions: oaks1450
What's the most likely update in the MK4?
I think it will be a complete redesign. If they fix the current weaknesses, guys will just keep their M3’s. The compact first reg and the quick tune on the M3 was enough for me to hang for sale signs on my MKll’s. That stuff can’t be retrofitted. They have been an interesting company to watch so I’m curious. Mainly because of parts. With that platform running for 8 years, parts and updated parts are something we take for granted. If they go whole hog and make big changes, well thats concerning from a parts perspective.

Airguns 101.
There never will be anything that can be called "perfection". Simply because everyone likes different things and those will contradict each other. :)

Have a feeling that others in the line will get the update before the M4. But no idea what they could do to better it. I do enjoy my two M3s a bit. There would have to be measurable differences for me to drop more money.

I read even Panthera with their balance valves have so first shots as well. At this point personally, I feel ammo needs to make the next leap before guns can become “better”.

Reactions: L.Leon
Some of these things are just what the fx slappys on YouTube woukd have you believe. You don’t need a single add on. The gun is pretty bad ass out of the box. They don’t take hours to tune although I guess levels of anal retentive ness vary from individual to individual. The speed at tuning is where the m3 absolutely shines and while the dial on the hammer pre load is simple it puts the m3 so far ahead in my opinion of the m2. I jus got an m2 after an m3 and it is tedious getting an Allen wrench in the m2 and getting a quarter of a turn at a time. The m3 you can go from max hammer to least in 5 seconds. Lol. The big monstrous problem they have to tackle is first couple shots low velocity problem. They cure that one thing out of the box and an m4 will be miles ahead of the 3.

FX products already offer flexability with caliber options, projectile options, and great use of air consumption.

The only areas that Id like to see improvements in ......IF....... even possible, would be :

1. shorter overall barrel lengths yet maintain FX's world class current accuracy, energy levels and efficient, low air consumption.
2. Less O-rings
3. (NOT IMPACT RELATED) Im not a fan of gauges that are NOT flush fitting, like the Panthera/King platform. Id like to see the next version of those models, to have flush fitting gauges.
4. Price. If they could keep 1 model simple, and unchanged for an extended period of time, the price would surely be more reasonable. But then again, FX is not one for sitting still! Always improving means more expense in research and development... And its paid off for FX, as one only needs to look at top 10 winners in the major airgun events, to see that FX is a world class leader. But at some point, Id love to see one model, stand the test of time, and become so reasonably priced, that it would entice not only beginers just getting into the sport, but also seasoned veterens hanging onto their inexpensive FX, just because its a great tool, and a great value.

I hear its already in the works, but how do you improve perfection
Hmm, if it were perfect it would have; a larger plenum, a larger valve, a wider magazine and action to allow longer projectiles, a solid rail design with a built in tensioner design, ambidextrious quick release points for a sling at the butt end and forend, allow for 300 bar fills, solved the stiction issues with the valve design, come with a 700cc bottle and an upgraded hammer and valve springs.

My wishes for 35cal and likely don't apply to the lesser calibers.

Airguns 101.
yes mate we all know that

My point was you pay a premium price for an FX Air Rifle, just like you pay a premium price for a porsche
when you buy a porsche no matter what model or engine you buy it goes and handles perfectly out of the box.
No need to tune it, and if you like you can hot it up and go faster.
FX Air Rifles should work very well out of the box, (But not so, average at best) and if you want later you can hot it up.

Last edited:
I've had no problems with my Impact - but then I didn't start jerking the adjustments all over the place before it was broken in either.

Stock, with a factory tune my Impact has outshot all my other PCPs (Air Arms, Daystate, Weihrauch and Walther). I have realistic expectations so there's no complaints about performance. IMHO it's more than adequate for everyone short of a professional competitor (and, by necessity, they are never satisfied/happy).

The only "accessory" I needed was a larger grip to suit my big hands. The professionals might benefit from all the fancy stuff but I can't see spending $$$$ for casual shooting. Nothing wrong with personalizing but most accessories are exactly that: optional purchases. Your dollar, your choice.

I like tuning for accuracy with different projectiles. To avoid leaks and regulator issues I keep the power to levels suitable for that caliber. No point in looking for trouble.

I treat my equipment well, do regular maintenance and all is good! Now all I need is spring and some warm weather so I can get back to shooting outside!

Cheers!

I've had no problems with my Impact - but then I didn't start jerking the adjustments all over the place before it was broken in either.

Stock, with a factory tune my Impact has outshot all my other PCPs (Air Arms, Daystate, Weihrauch and Walther). I have realistic expectations so there's no complaints about performance. IMHO it's more than adequate for everyone short of a professional competitor (and, by necessity, they are never satisfied/happy).

The only "accessory" I needed was a larger grip to suit my big hands. The professionals might benefit from all the fancy stuff but I can't see spending $$$$ for casual shooting. Nothing wrong with personalizing but most accessories are exactly that: optional purchases. Your dollar, your choice.

I like tuning for accuracy with different projectiles. To avoid leaks and regulator issues I keep the power to levels suitable for that caliber. No point in looking for trouble.

I treat my equipment well, do regular maintenance and all is good! Now all I need is spring and some warm weather so I can get back to shooting outside!

Cheers!
I wish my experience was as good as yours, I bought a 30cal impact sniper
used it for a few weeks and it was shooting 4" groups at 40 yards
I talked the FX people here in Australia and they told me to up the 1st reg to 180psi and the second to 140-150 psi out of the box it was 140 & 110
I waited for the chronograph I purchased to arrive before touching anything. Found it was shooting fx slugs at 540fps
So then i started testing pressures etc to get it to where I wanted it. Shoots 1" groups now at 50yards at 860fps
I am after a little more speed so now waiting for hammer & spring kit to arrive & barrel tensioner and sleeve.
I am chasing 950fps but we will see when the upgrades arrive