• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact MK3 and 800 mm tensioned barrel kits

I watched an impressive video by AirArmsHuntingSA on the 800mm Barrel, Tension, Powerblock and Tungsten Hammer and would like to know if this is the barrel kit in the video.

With all the posts about FX quality control, recalls and delays concerning their new 800mm barrels, I reluctant to purchase an FX Impact MK3 at this time. I’d like to know how many 800mm barrel kit options are there from FX and if from others, who are they and which ones should be considered?

It also sounds like FX or some retailers are selling older model FX Impact MK3's, so what is the best way to insure when purchasing an FX Impact MK3 you are buying the latest version, assuming they are worth buying right now. Again, I’m looking for a .22 or .25 caliber FX Impact Bronze MK3 with an 800mm tensioned barrel and shroud which I understand is an accessory.

If buying the 800mm barrel kit and shroud is an accessory, does in make sense to buy the Impact standard model vs the Sniper version if upgrading to the 800mm barrel kit? I’m assuming watching the video the tungsten hammer should also be purchased.

In closing, what is the best way to purchase an FX Impact Mk3 with an 800mm barrel and shroud and from who?

To my knowledge nobody has been able to get their hands on an 800mm except a select group. All M3’s are now power block. There are some that are not marked such but actually are. Utah Airguns can tell you if you can give them the serial number.
The newer M3’s come with a clamp that is needed for the tensioned barrel.
Do not take this wrong, but it appears your desires are driven by YouTube videos. Mine were as well but after immersing myself in all the longer barrel, slug power kits, cf liners blah blah blah, I grew tired of chasing the ever moving goal post. When I bought my M3 it was with a 600 mm barrel and a heavy slug liner. No cf liner, slug power kit or anything else. Added the heavy slug liner and called it a day.
I lost interest in a system that required add ons to make the 700 or 800 mm barrels competent shooters. I can shoot 25 grain slugs at over 1000 fps if I want to suffer the low shot count. I shoot mine at 970 and they are accurate and they develop plenty of fpe for small game at longer distance.
If you are chasing the ultimate slug shooter, bear in mind that goal post moves every year. Technology and R&D make sure of it. They need to sell new guns.

I bought a mk2 impact here with 700mm barrel and large tank, I have to agree with getting 500mm barrel and small bottle this is what mine is now and accuracy is alot better and better to carrymy thoughtd are liners arereally flexable and 800 mm will flex alot more then a shorter one its not a solid piece of steel like a conventional barrel ,but this is my opinion

You don’t “need” 800mm barrel unless you really want to push slugs over 1000fps. It’s not easy to tune and you will run into many other problems when shooting that hot. Best would be a 700mm barrel and shoot in the low 900fps range, quieter, smoother and easier. Best part is it fit in the factory case.

500mm compact is simply awesome for walking around with PLENTY of juice if you go for bigger caliber like .25.

Last edited: