• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact mk2 or the delta wolf

Yea your are right . But if your a southpaw then a impact is not going any use for you . However if FX would reconsidering in making the impact so we the southpaws can use it like the DDW then I just might reconsider getting the DDW . But we all know that will be a cold in hell for that happens .

I am a Lefty and i had the same reservations about the Impact until i spoke with Ken, he assured me that he had sold many of them to left hand shooters and none of them reported any issue.

Long story short i had him set me up a Compact MKII in .22 and i can tell you with Absolute certainty it is Not a problem shooting an Impact as a lefty..

Now full disclosure i did go ahead and order one of the Ambidextrous Cheek rests from the dude over in the UK on ebay, but even without it i still had zero issues , the new rest is more comfortable since it is rounded on both sides.. 

The 28 round mag is not an issue , it sits far enough back to not be ..

I am a Big dude , 6.3" tall , 255lbs and Gorilla hands and the compact feels Very good to me..

Bottom line do Not let being a southpaw influence your decision ..

SAM_0955 2.1616158869.JPG

Yea your are right . But if your a southpaw then a impact is not going any use for you . However if FX would reconsidering in making the impact so we the southpaws can use it like the DDW then I just might reconsider getting the DDW . But we all know that will be a cold in hell for that happens .

I am a Lefty and i had the same reservations about the Impact until i spoke with Ken, he assured me that he had sold many of them to left hand shooters and none of them reported any issue.

Long story short i had him set me up a Compact MKII in .22 and i can tell you with Absolute certainty it is Not a problem shooting an Impact as a lefty..

Now full disclosure i did go ahead and order one of the Ambidextrous Cheek rests from the dude over in the UK on ebay, but even without it i still had zero issues , the new rest is more comfortable since it is rounded on both sides.. 

The 28 round mag is not an issue , it sits far enough back to not be ..

I am a Big dude , 6.3" tall , 255lbs and Gorilla hands and the compact feels Very good to me..

Bottom line do Not let being a southpaw influence your decision ..

SAM_0955 2.1616158869.JPG

+1 I shoot left also, no problem. I got an adjustable cheek rest which I would have anyways. Trigger hand never leaves the grip, perfect!

Fx went up 200 DW up 400, Fx impact available almost now vs 6+ months...

impact price went up only 50 US dollars not 200. 

DAystate price increase was a shocker to me, made an unaffordable gun even more unaffordable but then again I’m not their target customer. Those who could afford it can still afford it so it’s all good. 

personally my impact out shoots my ability so another gun at 1000 dollar premium that shoots slightly better is hard to justify. Then again the cheaper Dreamline, Maverick and wildcats can shoot just as accurately for a lot cheaper than the impact....🤨

Now maybe a better question is Impact Mark 3 vs Delta Wolf?

AND...AND....25 cal or 30 cal?

Love my Brocock Sniper XR (.22), but my wallet finger is itchy.

Works been going well and I want to spend all my US fiat currency before the feds print the value into oblivion.

if you got the money burning a hole in your pocket then by all means do it!!! By do it I mean get the 3800 dollar delta wolf....that’s with tax and shipping. 

Now maybe a better question is Impact Mark 3 vs Delta Wolf?

AND...AND....25 cal or 30 cal?

Love my Brocock Sniper XR (.22), but my wallet finger is itchy.

Works been going well and I want to spend all my US fiat currency before the feds print the value into oblivion.

if you got the money burning a hole in your pocket then by all means do it!!! By do it I mean get the 3800 dollar delta wolf....that’s with tax and shipping.

Was more interested in a compare / contrast of the new MK3 and the Delta Wolf. Seems like a more on par comparison than the older Mk2

They are very different guns at quite different price points. Very little to compare besides both are bullpup and shoot very well. DW has the exclusivity factor and M3 has more fun after market support with endless configurations to tinker with. Since most people are waiting for the DW for well over 6 months I doubt barrel kits will be available any time soon. 

if you just want to throw lead down range the. M3 is a lot cheaper and can be had in your hands relatively quick. If you want a conversation piece and exclusiveness then DW. 

They are very different guns at quite different price points. Very little to compare besides both are bullpup and shoot very well. DW has the exclusivity factor and M3 has more fun after market support with endless configurations to tinker with. Since most people are waiting for the DW for well over 6 months I doubt barrel kits will be available any time soon. 

if you just want to throw lead down range the. M3 is a lot cheaper and can be had in your hands relatively quick. If you want a conversation piece and exclusiveness then DW.

Makes sense.

DW feature list is endless and cool, but that price tag...(I was being silly about the money of course)

I’m kinda surprised you say they aren’t similar. I’ve only been into PCPs for about a year so still learning.

With the tune-ability and aesthetics it seems they are aimed at the same user group...besides the price tag obviously.

Just reading over the feature list and watching a few videos it seems as though they both do the same things, albeit one mechanically and one electronically.

Not in a hurry and in all actuality don’t need another PCP (but damn they’re fun).

I’m a powder burner by trade and have more than enough guns to keep me busy for the rest of my life. I shoot tens of thousands of rounds a year and reload for every firearm I own which consumes most of my time. BUT I love being able to walk out into my backyard to target shoot and murder pigeons with the PCPs. The .22 is plenty, but I’m intrigued by the bigger bore stuff. .25 seems to close to .22, which makes the .30 intriguing.

I have the Delta wolf in .30 and it is a beast it is the most accurate gun I have ever shot. I had a Fx impact 2 and it was a good gun but there’s no comparison delta wolf is king.

I don’t have a DW nor a M3, mainly because my MK2 left me with little to desire. It out shoots me period so simply no point for me to get a better shooting gun because it’s completely pointless. 

however the impact does take a bit of work to get it to shoot like laser where the DW with solid barrel will be a lot less tune sensitive until the carbon wrapped liners are standard which I have on just about all my liners. IMHO with properly tuned and upgraded MK2 and M3 being so good the shooter most of the time is the weak point because how do you improve sub MOA at 100 yards? I can’t even hold the gun that steady. If anyone read through the forum there are many many people have achieved such accuracy with MK2 on this forum alone.

If anything can be an upgrade on these laser beams would be better ergonomics to help the shooters to be more accurate. Good example of that is the GRS stock for the FX gun, it is possible that the DW has better ergonomics compared to the Impact. I really like the adjustable scope rail on the DW because proper eye relieve is crucial to accuracy and with the impact I have to use offset mount. 

Just watched the AOA video on the Delta Wolf !! Whaaaat! The future is now.

That really is the truth. A machine that can adjust itself for better performance based on systematic feedback. All you need to do is sit back and pull the trigger - almost makes it sounds too easy though, doesn't it?

With airguns like these available I am happy for the swirling winds in my backyard that change direction every 30 seconds to keep it interesting. 

Exactly what I've been saying since I knew about the gun well over a year ago. Up until now, airguns EVOLVED and got better incrementally, such as Impact, Impact X, Impact Mk2, Impact M3. Very good guns and incremental improvements kept the gun near the top of the heap. And then along comes a total game changer, a gun that is REVOLUTIONARY, a "prompt jump" in airgun design and performance. It was bound to happen, as technology waits for no one...

Exactly what I've been saying since I knew about the gun well over a year ago. Up until now, airguns EVOLVED and got better incrementally, such as Impact, Impact X, Impact Mk2, Impact M3. Very good guns and incremental improvements kept the gun near the top of the heap. And then along comes a total game changer, a gun that is REVOLUTIONARY, a "prompt jump" in airgun design and performance. It was bound to happen, as technology waits for no one...

I agree with your statement 100%. DW is a completely different gun and in many ways it is revolutionary, no doubt!

To me the DW is like the Teslas, revolutionary and drives for me. It's fantastic for going to work and places I need to go to get things done. BUT if I want to drive for fun then the Tesla isn't the choice for me, I happen to enjoy the journey much more than the destination.....it's my hobby and "me" time to take my mind off my work that involves me pushing buttons on computers to make them do things for me.😅

Edit: think of impact as stick shift and DW as Tesla auto pilot, you pick what you want to “drive”. I think it’s great that we have such great choices.