fx impact mk2 or mk3

im sure this question has been asked a thousand times, im looking at a used impact mk2 on utah airguns site, question is the rifle used is $1799 should i spend the extra $300 and just get a new mk3 for $2100? money isnt a option here just wondering if im going to notice a major difference between the two rifles? i currently have a maverick sniper 30 cal. im not going to be tuning or tinkering with it 10 times a day either, i prefer shooting my rifles than spending hours a day messing and wrenching on them, once tuned i leave things alone til they break.

The Mk2 and M3 are both great rifles. I actually sold one of my M3's early after their release since it didn't 'wow' me any more than my equivalent Mk2 did, and the Mk2's had already taken a price hit on the used market. And I still have and love that Mk2 (along with my compact M3, which is my absolute best ground squirrel gun).

With that said, the $300 difference between a used Mk2 and a new M3 doesn't seem like enough of a discount to me to buy used. YMMV

I have 2 MK2's and 1 M3. I like them all and all shoot great. I would not pay $1,800 for a used MKII though, unless it was upgraded in some way. The MKII was a $1,999 gun in stock form when it was sold. If I can't get 20% off used, I buy new. That makes the MKII in stock form a $1,600 gun to me. If it has WIKA gauges or a Huma reg or other goodies a little more.

I thought that seemed kinda high priced, I’m going to email them to see if there are any upgrades on it, I zoomed in on pic looks like a wika gauge 

5BE129D3-989E-4B6B-BE11-45E654B5070A.1646508756.png

I have a MK1, MK2 and an M3. They are all great guns but the M3 is definitely the best for tuning.

If you ever plan on changing to a different caliber or the weights of your pellets or slugs the M3 is well worth the extra as it is so simple to tune.

Like others have said that is a pretty high price for a used MK2 and I don't see any extras involved.

Utah airgun is known to have overpriced stuff. Why buy a used mk2 for $1800? When there are used mk2 sold on this site for $1500?????? If you are already paying $1800 on a used gun why not toss in $300 more and get a brand new gun????

The only big advantage of the m3 vs mk2 is, it have a larger plenum, easy adjustment micro on the side, and dual reg. Other than that its the same impact.

I have both, and I agree that they are both great guns. However, the M3 is a LOT easier to tune, with the multi-step Power Wheel and the easy micro adjustment. There will also be a difference in the duration of remaining warranty, simply because the 3 years will run from a more recent date for the M3 than from the Mk2.

All in all, I would not pay $1800 for the Mk2 when I could buy a brand new M3 for $2100. I expect at least a 20% discount on a used gun, and the MK2s are now at least 1 year old.

Chris

If money isn’t an issue I don’t understand why you would even consider a used gun. Now if you’re curious about the high price for a used stocker or if the M3 is any less of a temperamental PITA than a M2, then that’s a legit question. I have both, I am a one projectile guy so it doesn’t really matter to me having all the micro’s and macro’s. Being that my guns are different calibers and different lengths, I can’t say if the M3 is a better more consistent gun. What I can say is I hate the M3 safety. When you get used to being able to feel that your gun is ready to fire when your finger is on the trigger with more than one of my FX guns, having one gun that’s the opposite throws me a curve ball.

I didn't like the change on the safety either. Better yet, make it just like the one on a powder burner AND reversible L/R side. I will agree the M3 is easier to share a starting tune. You still need to figure out each gun. Sometimes they're close, sometimes they're off a good bit. Pretty sure the M3 also has a 20 MOA rail, another plus. My MKII's will shoot right with the M3, sometimes even better.

For an extra $300, the MKIII is well worth it. You get the new gun smell, full warranty, all the new whistles and bells, and don't have to worry if the previous owner was a bit clumsy with the gun.

$1800 is only a 14% discount over new. Yes, the gun sold for that price, but that doesn't mean you should pay that price for used equipment!

I figure if I don't save 30% to 50%, it isn't worth the risks associated with used equipment. I buy new.

Just my way of thinking.

For an extra $300, the MKIII is well worth it. You get the new gun smell, full warranty, all the new whistles and bells, and don't have to worry if the previous owner was a bit clumsy with the gun.

$1800 is only a 14% discount over new. Yes, the gun sold for that price, but that doesn't mean you should pay that price for used equipment!

I figure if I don't save 30% to 50%, it isn't worth the risks associated with used equipment. I buy new.

Just my way of thinking.

50% off? Please tell me where I can get a used impact for 1/2 the price. Mk1/mk2 new are $2000. So any impact used for $1000 is a steal. 

Having owned 3 generations of Impacts a MK2 PP is a $1,500 gun and a MK1 is a $800 gun used and before shipping. I don’t care what kind of fluff is bolted to them. So yes, I don’t buy used guns. Somehow everyone got lead down the bizarre path of I’ll pay whatever the internet tells me to pay versus what a gun is actually worth because it’s used. We’re getting to the point that when something is priced appropriately, guys get nervous about buying it. How F’ed up is that?