• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX impact mk2 or mk 3

I had an impact mark 2 on order for months and it arrived 5 months earlier than Utah airguns promised, then I figured out why, it was because they announced the mark 3 a week later. Did I make a mistake by accepting the mark 2? It does shoot great and am getting four magazines per 250 bar charge that’s over a hundred shots with pinpoint accuracy, are the mark 3 guns that much better? Should I upgrade again?

from what i can see. the biggest difference is ajustability. one is easier to adjust or tune than the other. Are you going to do frequent adjustments often? The M3 would supposedly be easier/faster. If you do more of a set it , forget it deal , the MK2 will shine quite nicely for you. wethy is right , by the time you acquire an M3 - the M4 or MK4 version of this gun will be announced. Since your getting 100 pinpoint accurate shots per fill , I'd keep using it and enjoying it.👍

Nope all i can see is you get more shots because of the dual regulator but in thinking over time that is an extra regulator and a few extra o rings to go bad ( knock on wood ) if you have your compressor or bottle with you not a problem unless you have plenty of money then its not a question have fun shooting

How does having 2 reg give you more shots? It doesn't. The 2 reg help with reg creep cause the 2ne reg doesn't have to deal with all the pressure from the bottle. So it is more constant. 2 reg does not give you anymore shots than 1 reg.

I'm still trying to get my M3 to not use as much air as my MK2's. The M3 is cool with a couple of the 'upgrades' but is it any more accurate than my MK2's? Nope. I will say with the tighter tolerances, I do not get as much barrel droop on the M3.

I have personally experienced the regs not keeping up when doing a long speed shooting string, 6+ shots. Similar to when I had my maverick. 

Doesn't help that I got my hands on some of mrshosted's 19 position sequential hammer wheels for the MK2. I get between a 3-5fps +/- when moving between settings...and have 19 available. Same concept as the macro/micro wheels but yes, still have to use the hex to do fine adjustments but it's sweeeet.

IMG_20210522_200536_674.1621944059.jpg

I had an impact mark 2 on order for months and it arrived 5 months earlier than Utah airguns promised, then I figured out why, it was because they announced the mark 3 a week later. Did I make a mistake by accepting the mark 2? It does shoot great and am getting four magazines per 250 bar charge that’s over a hundred shots with pinpoint accuracy, are the mark 3 guns that much better? Should I upgrade again?

The MK2 will do anything that the M3 will do performance wise, but that is not the point.

To me it is a bit sour to shell out a whole bunch of dollars, while "the new one" is introduced a week later. If you had to wait for 5 months, a few extra weeks would be peanuts.

Unless you got a significant discount, I would not be so happy I suppose..... I've read stories here from people who ordered a MK2 wildcat, and got a MK3 delivered because it got introduced while waiting.

But on the other hand, the only thing that matters, is that YOU are happy with your purchase, and it seems like you are :)

I have a power plenum upgraded Impact X, an MK2 compact and an M3, and they all perform the same. The only thing why I like the M3 so much is the ability to adjust the gun's full speed spectrum without the need of the 1.5mm allen key. (Let's keep in mind that I am kind of a tinkerer ;)

The rest of the features would not be absolutely necessary for me, the original power plenum is big enough for my use, the trigger feels the same, and so on.

The MK2 still is a fantastic platform, regardless of the fact that there is an M3 in existence. 

The MK2 will do anything that the M3 will do performance wise, but that is not the point.

To me it is a bit sour to shell out a whole bunch of dollars, while "the new one" is introduced a week later. If you had to wait for 5 months, a few extra weeks would be peanuts.

Unless you got a significant discount, I would not be so happy I suppose..... I've read stories here from people who ordered a MK2 wildcat, and got a MK3 delivered because it got introduced while waiting.

But on the other hand, the only thing that matters, is that YOU are happy with your purchase, and it seems like you are :)

I have a power plenum upgraded Impact X, an MK2 compact and an M3, and they all perform the same. The only thing why I like the M3 so much is the ability to adjust the gun's full speed spectrum without the need of the 1.5mm allen key. (Let's keep in mind that I am kind of a tinkerer ;)

The rest of the features would not be absolutely necessary for me, the original power plenum is big enough for my use, the trigger feels the same, and so on.

The MK2 still is a fantastic platform, regardless of the fact that there is an M3 in existence.

gotta agree with WEATHERBY ,but for the $2000 plus they should of at least told you the new model was on the horizon ,maybe they could'nt let anyone know to the unvail day ,,almost had the same happen to me but waited a extra month ,then the m3 showed up good luck 

Yes I am not happy with Utah air guns, if they would have notified me before they shipped It and told me the new model was coming out I would have waited since I was going to wait anyway and would’ve paid the extra money that is a very poor way to do business, I am sure they let the regular customers know the new Mark three was coming out.

Yes I am not happy with Utah air guns, if they would have notified me before they shipped It and told me the new model was coming out I would have waited since I was going to wait anyway and would’ve paid the extra money that is a very poor way to do business, I am sure they let the regular customers know the new Mark three was coming out.

I'm sure they didn't let anyone know ahead of time. People were complaining that they would announce guns ahead of time and not have them in stock. Now they don't announce till they're released. Can't win haha.

Probably part of the arrangement from FX that they can't let people know ahead of time. But it had been 2 yrs since the MK2 and there has been talk about the next impact since the new year.

I'm sure they didn't let anyone know ahead of time. People were complaining that they would announce guns ahead of time and not have them in stock. Now they don't announce till they're released. Can't win haha.

Probably part of the arrangement from FX that they can't let people know ahead of time. But it had been 2 yrs since the MK2 and there has been talk about the next impact since the new year.

Exactly right! That had nothing to do with Utah air guns. That is an FX dynamic, one that has been very consistent for years, get used to it, it’s called bitch then buy, we all do it, then post pics of how good they shoot🤔