FX IMPACT “MK2”.... ¿MK2?

Hi guys, one month ago I posted my lmpactmk2 would not release air, so after all of you guys help l disassembled the gun to find the hammer seat or part#c1 was not attached to the valve rod. At time I thought it was only the grub screw part#c2, so after the hurricane I called fx and last week I received the grub screw only to find out that the hammer seat was not threaded? So I called fx and talked to a technician they no longer use the grub screw the valve rod is threaded! It would have been nice to know that there fxlmpact mk2 diagram is not correct! So now the parts not in stock. And there is ETA on arrival from Sweden is unknown? Does anyone know what dealership would have them so I can shoot before the weather gets too cold? Thanks again guys for being so helpful in the past.

Mr Rowe has a lathe there, he could make the part for you in just a few minutes since they don't have any.

If everyone started insisting on a full refund on their brand new defective gun FX would have to make changes. I had to change the gauges and regulator on my gen 2 right after buying it. I really like the gun after fixing the well known problems. I don't care for warranties, especially ones that require me to ship my property and be without it for as long as they see fit. I'd rather have a product that works perfectly out of the box or have a full refund or exchange for a product with no manufacturing defects.

Exactly!

Bb

Break barrel, lever pumper, CO2 and PCP..............owned 11 and I had every one of them apart to fix or reseal. Seems to be par for the coarse. PCP's being the worse simply because they are dealing with VERY HIGH pressures. If an FX Impact was a commercial machine operating at 230 BAR in a manufacturing plant........to meet longevity,it would be a $15,000.0 piece of equipment. $2,000.00 is a lot of coin for most people...but a bargain for what it has to do.

For what it's worth I have the impact x. It's my second pcp.started with hatsan flash pup took it apart put huma reg in tinkered with it till I knew it inside and out.then made big jump to impact watched every vid on it learned it inside and out.its a fantastic gun. Worth every penny.it made my wife want and get dreamlike.now she wants the compact tac.say what you want.FX for life.

For what it's worth I have the impact x. It's my second pcp.started with hatsan flash pup took it apart put huma reg in tinkered with it till I knew it inside and out.then made big jump to impact watched every vid on it learned it inside and out.its a fantastic gun. Worth every penny.it made my wife want and get dreamlike.now she wants the compact tac.say what you want.FX for life.

FXs are good guns, they just need to step up their QC. That they can perform is without question. 

FXs are good guns, they just need to step up their QC. That they can perform is without question.

That’s right.... i didn’t say they are bad guns, problem is they send a gun with a very bad QC process and in my case i had to add a new regulator, 2 new gauges, 1 C3 bumper, new valve housing, and change a oring on the main block...... ¿Is it normal for an impact to reach your hands with so many imperfections when all those problems were supposed to have been corrected? .... i spent almost 260 bucks, with that money you can buy a good scope for your pcp!

What's up from Knightdale, NC, guys!

I consider myself fortunate. I found them in stock at Palm Beach Airguns in Silver in mid-October 2019, and had it 2 or 3 days later. Silly thing made my Sumatra and Hercules feel like clunky old Massey-Furgeson tobacco harvesters now when I try to shoot with them, Haha! With 29.5 grain .25 slugs at 955 FPS from Nielson, I just point it and it hits what I'm thinking about. Hahaha!! I love my Impact, man! Velocity, Reg pressure, and POI are ALWAYS right. I will go regulated forever now. Can you say SPOILED!!! 😁

Yes, I finally did have to ship mine in for service. I got mine in October, and man, lol, I could not stop shooting that rifle! I prob put upward of 7,000 rounds through it in those 4 months, mostly 29.5 grain flat base Nielsons. Yes, .25 caliber. It amazed me out of the box. Tuned pokey at 835 FPS, I immediately noticed it was the first PCP that truly hit everything I pointed it at. No matter how small! I cut shower hoses with 1 shot at 52 yds, and can't miss my 2 inch smallest spinner, even cycling it fast. The other day, It felt funny cocking a few times, trigger was not firing it every time I pulled it. Then, trigger just quit working. Adjusted it, took the side plate off the trigger group, and it's like the upper black sear is locked. Pried on it, it's cocked and wont let the hammer go.

I sent it UPS to FX USA. Was there the next day. (I'm East of Raleigh) I had just gotten my Power Plenum parts from Precision Airguns and Supply. I sent it with the rifle. I was gonna put it in myself, but I need the trigger fixed, and I figured why not let 'em, right? They had talked about 4 or 5 weeks wait time. They were willing to do my Power Plenum for 80 bucks. They were giving me the 100 dollar total discounted price. (Even though I received my rifle OCT 19TH, well before the Oct. 31 cutoff on that) That was so cool. Then I threw them an offer....

I told them I shoot that rifle every day, and that I'd freak out without it 6 weeks. I told FX that I would throw them 150 bucks if they'd do mine immediately, and turn it right around. Was kinda joking, as I figured it was futile. Lo and behold, within an hour, I had an email reply. Scott Williams at FX told me that they would accept the offer of 150 dollars for expedited service, and send me an invoice. I gladly paid it. So....I shipped it March 5th I think. Ernest was working on it this week, and if it passes the leak test, it will ship Friday or Monday. (13th or 16th) That's service!

As many shots as I have put thru it, and never having even done the Delrin washer bumper, (Though I made a few on my lathe so I can) I was expecting something to give. My Reg stays on 160 BAR. I just cannot stop shooting it. I carry it in my truck everywhere, it's SO quiet, nimble, and accurate. 

I also just somehow have this inherent knowledge that all large, black noisy birds want to die. Nothing like job site crows, gentlemen! Hahaha!!! 

I hope all of you guys catch at least half the breaks that I feel like I have. May the Lord bless you all!!!

I bought a MK2 with Power Plenum and 700 mm .25 a few weeks ago. Well I had trouble with clipping and spent a week (bad weather so only a few minutes each time I went out), trouble shooting. FX replaced quickly under warranty.

Now I have found out that they have gone back to a weaker hammer spring in the latest guns so that pellets can be shot in their comfort zone. Sheesh, I bought the Power Plenum version for that reason.....Power....to shoot slugs.

Right now I can't get much past 900 fps with the heavier 36.2 gn slugs. And can't get beyond 140 bar as I have run out of adjustment on the HSTA.

Guys on YouTube are zinging 38.5 gn at 930+ fps. Think someone could have told us about this spring change???

So why would FX do that; market a power plenum gun for slugs and then put a weak HS in there?

I have a brand new gun that I am ordering parts for and will have to tear down in order to start tuning. Very frustrating after spending $2K

I rebuilt my Gen 1 Impact and it's shooting 34 gn JSB at 870 fps with ES=7 and SD=1. A tack driver for sure. Was going to sell it....but not with those numbers and accuracy!

Guess I'll shoot it while the MK2 sits in the case....

Right....i told FX Usa to please send back my old parts with my rifle. That way I can add shone of the old long spring with the new one of I need to. I plan on shooting the 36.5 grain Nielsons as well. I also heard something about the old school valve adjuster being more effective for power. Yes, I'm glad I got them to send me my old parts with the gun after they finish the warranty trigger work and installing power plenum. 

Good luck, guys!

Chris

I own a Impact first generation for 4 years soon and have a lot of pleasure to shoot it an maintenance disasemble procedure.

Impact is a kind of permanent research and development platform using owners for this matter.

This marketing strategy is used in many products like cars, computer etc.

We all know that the Impact is a demanding PCP to maintain and we all know there is some basic problems to be fixed for the owners,,,but FX let us the choice to buy one or not.

I just keep it simple.

RJ,

A. The point of my txt was that I had assumed I bought the gun with the correct set up. I was wrong. 

B. I bought the new spring. 

C. I will install and start enjoying the new gun

my point was I have a $2K gun that I haven’t been able to enjoy since buying because of a clipping moderator. 4.9” groups at 10 yards and the weak spring which prevents me from tuning for slugs

But that hasn’t stopped me. The moderator was replaced and a new spring is on its way to me as I patiently wait. 

Cwooten man I’m happy for you and your impact. I enjoyed reading about how much you shoot and how accurate it is. I think that’s all any of us hope for. Let us know how the Ernest approved, (improved), gun does!